Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Yeah, I witnessed that yesterday at a local wallys, I made a comment that now they will be sitting there forever on the pegs like all of the other stuff that they raised prices on. The toy lady was not so much pleased when I said that...oh well.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
5 Deeps are now $12 but all other brands stayed the same. I shopped the store and everything is the same I don't know whay Jada's went up 15% :confused:

WM is sensitive about price increases... so a 50¢ hike to a $3 toy is kinda mind boggling.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Higher Zinc prices............

Jada couldn't hold prices any longer.........

Either that or quit making them..............

Ultimately we pay, but the alternative!?................

Don't have Jada to collect..........

But that is why there are many brands..........

But trust me they'll go up too..............

They can make more money with action figures..........

So we pay or change our collecting habits........

Time will tell................

·
Registered
793 Posts
You mean your Wal-mart has Jada? Mines a super center and they havent gotten anything in since November. Same 2 Dodge Magnums warming the pegs and a crap load of those mini vans that came out over a year ago.
No new BTM just a few V Dubs every couple of weeks.The only thing getting stocked there is a couple cases of HW's a month. :(

Kinda glad I bought all I could find a couple weeks ago when they clearenced them all for a $1 each.

·
Registered
298 Posts
reekman said:
Higher Zinc prices............

Jada couldn't hold prices any longer.........

Either that or quit making them..............

Ultimately we pay, but the alternative!?................

Don't have Jada to collect..........

But that is why there are many brands..........

But trust me they'll go up too..............

They can make more money with action figures..........

So we pay or change our collecting habits........

Time will tell................
Yeah we can always collect HW UltraHots which are way overpriced ($5.39) or Classics ($3.79) and are nowhere near the quality and detail. :drunk: The increase was inevitable as much as we'd not want it.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Yup as mentioned many times on the JL board, everyone had to increase prices. :-( Hot Wheels, Johnny Lightning, Jada, and even Greenlights went up a tad.

Russ

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
sonicsgp1 said:
Dont know why Jada is going to be one of the diecast lines thats being dropped!
HU? :confused: Did I miss something? You know Jada in not apart of RC2 who is currently scaling back it's dieast offerings, so fill me in on the drop part.

·
Registered
424 Posts
For your info..............

I've talked to RC2............

We were told everything but JL &b JD was history............

About 6 mos of stuff to come yet then it's over.............

JL will be here, but not the same.............

More like Hotwheels...........

IE: toys................

Jada says they will scale back............

It is a pivotal time in diecast............

Shortly you may find you have nothing to collect...........

Only thing I can tell you guys............

Vote with your dollars...............

Or we might be collecting dolls..............

·
Registered
343 Posts
This comment is silly. We will not be collecting dolls. We will be collecting the next best thing in diecast model cars. For as long as I have been collecting diecast model cars - over 40 years - some manufacturer has come along with the next best thing. The new stuff satisfies and fills a market niche. I have done without access to what I thought was absolutely great product due to business decisions by retailers or producers - only to find a wonderful new product to fill my need.

In 1/43 Minichamps replaced Schuco which replaced Schabak which replaced Solido which replaced Politoys which replaced Corgi which replaced UK Dinky, etc. 1/64 Jada & JL replaced Hot Wheels which replaced Schuco & REI, etc. In 1/87 Model Power/Hongwell replaced Herpa which replaced Wiking.

What goes around comes around. There will be a supplier of excellent models, at competitive prices, to fill our interests.

Keep all the models you ever buy; decades from now you will cherish the models from the companies you now are whining about having priced too high or discontinued by a retailer or manufacturer. Something else interesting will come along soon to captivate your interest; my experience is that this always happens. I love my old Rex/Marklin/Tekno/Mebetoys/Politoys/Mercury/JRD/Sablon/Best/Bang/CIJ/JRD/Quiralu/Spot On/Metosul/Luso/Tootsietoy/Midgetoy/Pilen toys, but something else has always appeared to replace all those lost brands in my collection.

Enjoy what you've found and anticipate the fun in the search for something new!

- ranchero -

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
reekman's got a point...a big part of the makret for these things is kids. Whether or not they're buying what we buy or not doens't matter, it matters if they keep supporting the companies we buy our stuff from. And what kids wants to play with Hot Wheels or toy monster trucks when they could do the same in a video game? Sadly, less and less. Not that I ahve anyhting against video games. Of course, niche companies like Auto Art will probaby remain, but that's not quite the same as Hot Wheels or JL.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
I tend to agree with Ranchero. There will always be something. Cost may be an issue, cars may cost quite a bit more but they will be out there. Just look at some of the diecast stuff from other countries over in Henrie's European diecast forum. Stuff is outstanding.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Wait and See Approach

You know if JL does a $1.00 car to compete with Mattel...then more power to them. Don't get me wrong...I love the detail in emblems, separate engine, opening hoods and accuracy like the next JL collector....but if they bring to market the same castings (probably modified with hoods cast shut and plastic bases) in their arsenal with the current detail of 2006-07 Matchboxes, then I think I wilo be OK with it. $4.50 a car is getting way out of control in my view.

Hopefully they will still make the detailed versions too, but I guess we will have to wait and see.

Cheers,

Jeff

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Seems to be evolution at work: older established brands die off, making way for newer brands better able to compete.This just happens to be one of those upheaval times...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What about Jada overexposure... anyone think that's the cause for the $ hike and cutback?

Dub City and Import Racer started it all, then BTM, OptD, then RRats, VDutch, Old Skool, now theres HProfile, donks, D rods, for sale, v dubs... 12 cars per wave! too many to count. IMHO there's always a few per wave I don't care for.

What if Jada cut the fat and focus on fewer pieces. Every WM and Target carry Nascar with sharp detail and graphics... over $4.00! yet still on the shelf. If Jada really honed in on quality and paint, they might have a shot at the $4 barrier. Jada has good marketing but their cars are kinda sloppy IMO.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts