Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped at WM tonight on my way home from work and saw new J/L priced at $3.00 and M2 cars are now $6.00 . OUCH!!!!!:freak:

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
You beat me posting this. It has to be walmart and their pricing. Save your gas money and buy from OLDs. Same price as retail and better odds of a wl.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I rarely find anything at the stores these days. Like it was just said, save your gas. The OLDS have it. WM is not even worth the trip across the parking lot. I stopped at a brand new Meijer and was dissapointed. The isle might as well been a shrine to Mattel.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
You beat me posting this. It has to be walmart and their pricing. Save your gas money and buy from OLDs. Same price as retail and better odds of a wl.
It's not just Walmart, I got hit for $5.99 for Greenlights at TRU. As for going to OLDs, that takes a lot of my fun out of it. Of course I go to them for some things, but I still enjoy strolling through the stores.

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
It's not just Walmart, I got hit for $5.99 for Greenlights at TRU. As for going to OLDs, that takes a lot of my fun out of it. Of course I go to them for some things, but I still enjoy strolling through the stores.
I admit I'm a diecast shopaholic but after 8 hours off a day off and I come home with maybe one old jl and an empty tank I get buyers remorse. Its not like I have 3 stores to hit either. I have about 12.
As piddly an assorttment that kmart got in it was still good to see old friends back on the pegs.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
And I dont buy the cost of metal going up when scrap prices are falling. In the last 12 months, prices have dropped significantly.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
I've been thinking the same thing Chris.
The lower cost of metal has made the cost of wire to drop, our brake drums have dropped significantly, replacement body panels have even dropped a little in the last year. It seems to me that diecast should be following suit.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Heck yeah. A lot of folks who do not normally buy diecast will be shopping now. They won't know that any different. I'll bet a lot of items have gone up in price this holiday season.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
these have been sitting at $2.00 ,and 1 wal-mart has them priced at $1.00 each and they still sit there too. I`d be surprised if they start selling at $3.00

1 - 16 of 16 Posts