Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped in the Wallys near work this morning to see if I could, once again, try and purchase the new 1:24 JL purple Challenger. Couldn't find one at first and then looked on another shelf to find the Challenger, Nova and
Mustang. I picked up the Dodge and Chevy (I've owned a '69 and a '70) and brought them to the price checker: $7.00 !! I contained my excitement until I got to the cash register. $7.00 apiece!! For brand new 1:24 JLs! Sure is nice of WM to put new merchandise on clearance! :D :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Our local WM's Toy Manager was working at the store Sunday night resetting the diecast aisle. I mentioned to him that the brand new 1/24 scale JLs were in the clearance aisle. He actually said that is where they belonged, as his scanner said they were to be clearanced even though they only received them one time! Not sure if the intent was to clearance the brand new cars or any that were leftover from previous releases, but that's what I was told.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
And I thought I got a decent deal when the made up a price of $12.00 after it wouldn't scan. You get 2 for the price of one! Awesome deal Mark. Congrats on finally getting your purple challenger.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Gosh, it must be nice to live in a world where not only is there new product, but new product you can actually purchase and at 1/2 off on top of that. Can I come and live with you????? :p :tongue: :wave:

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
If somebody is able to snag a $7 Mustang for me, I'd be more than happy to pay for it and shipping.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
i saw them at different stores and they all had different prices....only three stores would discuss a price since they all would not ring up:
19.96 , 24.96 & 10.88

·
Registered
390 Posts
Well the same thing happened at my Walmart...they did the new re-set and put the new 1:24's on Clearance but I looked after the set was done and there is no price tag or setting for the 1:24's...I'm thinking they will not carry that size any more...I was also in my local target and they also did there reset and discontinued all JL's in all sizes?? I'm hoping this is only at the little stores or my days of JL's are over ....

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I found the JL 1:24 Purple Challenger at a WM today. The scan thing in the store could not identify it and said to go see an associate. I brought it to a cashier who then had the same problem I was having. She had one of her 'gurl-friend' associates in the store go check out the price. She returned several minutes later and said it was 19 dollars and change. I left the car there. If it was under 10 bucks I would have bought it. I don't collect that scale anyway, so no big loss to me.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Got the Mustang fastback yesterday at WM. When I scanned at the price checker it said to see an associate for help. Said the same at the register. Had a price sticker on the box for $13.74. The guy in lawn and garden, manually entered that price and I was on my way.

JP2

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I really, really dislike that store and it always stinks when I go in there. Unfortunately, that's the only place around to buy certains cars I desire.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts