Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, went to an out-of-the-way walmart today while on my way to dinner, was a little early so i swung in.

See they got some of the new 1:24 out and start diggin thru em when i saw the 2 ford thunderbolts, at first didn't pay them much mind until i noticed the interiors looked a weeee bit different. On the bottom shelf there wasn't much lighting, so i pulled them out and sure enough, one had a silver interior, the other had a white, but something else was off, couldn't really see the white interior through the windshield... wait a minute, its tinted too! Cha-Ching, WL!

So now i debate on wether or not i should go ahead and purchase this to use as oldsmobile trade bait, and said, sure what the heck, appeal o some ford guys on here...

Walked up to self check out to ring up and carry on... the dreaded "Item Not Found" came up... o brother. The lady that was working the checkouts had me come up to her little register while they got it straight. She called (phone) someone in toys to get the price, described it as "Johnny Lightning Toy Car, you know, the older toy cars" Wait about 3 minutes, she gets a call back and then she rings it up... $3.96.

Sweet, after ringing it up and paying, she asked "now how much is this thing really supposed to be?" (she had a feeling it was to nice of a ''toy'' to be only $3.96) Told her i really didn't know, but i know its more than $10. She laughed and said "welp, it was her department, she gave me that price, not my problem, have a nice day". I replied the same nice departing gesture and carried on out the door with my $3.96 1:24 WL :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Same car - item not found. She took my WL back to the toy isle to check price. I thought she would bring back the regular. After like 10 min. here she comes. I did not get the good deal you got.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts