Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all, new here and I have a question. I have been collecting JL's for years but had no idea this site was here....and also had no idea of what a WL "White Lightning" was either. I recently purchaced a Street Freaks Zingers 68 Firebird that has white wheels and tires...I picked it up becuase it was different...but now I am wondering if this is a WL? The base is not white, only the wheels and tires. Attached is a pic, any feedback on this would be appreciated.

Thanks
LeMansSport71

Attachments

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Welcome aboard!! You bet that is a white lightning and a mighty nice one. That one is worth a few cabbages! Kudos on the GREAT find.:thumbsup:

---Matty (mattywhelz)

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
:) ...You will never forget your first White Lightning!!

Welcome aboard, and keep coming here to visit with us!

Great score you got there!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
98 Posts
White Lightning

Could you tell us the whole story on finding that beauty in detail!!!!!!Nice find.........................................

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey, I just wanted to thank everyone for all the great feedback! Thanks again! I checked out LightningLane web site and found it to be a great help at determining which JL's are WL's. To answer the question of where I found the car....I worked at an Auto Zone auto parts store and it came in with only a few other JL cars for a counter display. That was aprox. 5 months ago. Someone also asked where I was in KY....Central, KY. Once again, thanks for all the responses to this thread! :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts