Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
being part of the AutoFest program this year (details released at 9:00 P.M. tonight) I invited all those who have the powers that be to view the Pinto, Vega and Chevette of it's day. None other than the Studebaker Lark. Yes the Lark saved Studebaker from doom for at least another 4 years and actually turned them back to a profit mode.

Motor Max has created a fantastic niche creating the very models that did the exact same thing, turn around cars of sorts. The K car, the Honda CVCC that will be released, the mod designed Pacer, Gremlin etc. All these cars did the same thing that the Lark did and with Motor Max coming to the show this year what a perfect car for that vintage to do.

I know there will be a million others who feel this or that should be done but if you look at what has been released to date and the type of car it is for it's day, the Lark is an obvious choice (and in my opinion one hell of a cool casting as nobody has done one yet).

The finest motor I have owned in any antique of mine is by far the Lark VIII I had. It was nothing short of amazing. The car rusted out around it but the motor was poetry in motion.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I agree - I would buy 1/64 Studebaker Larks, and especially the later versions that were called Cruisers and Daytonas. I once saw a Studebaker Lark 4-door parked on the street behind a mid-1980s Honda Accord sedan, both in dark red colors.

Their similar sizes and profiles made it obvious that Studebaker was 25 years ahead of its time, and they did not get the proper respect that was due them in their day.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My dad said the two best cars he owned back in the day were a 1951 Studebaker, and I think the other one was a 56, and he had to sell the one because the floor was rusting out, and the other was starting to ware out. He said, I think it was the second one, got better than 30 miles to the gallon when he bought it used and was still getting more than 20 when he traded it in. How come a car that was all most three tons got better millage than modern car that ways hardly a ton. We need some of those old cars in 1/1 scale at $3 a gallon. I would pick up the Lark if they made it in 1/87, I got my dad the JL one now that he is gone :cry: its mine but I want a smaller one. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts