Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,

For a while I have been running MVP's in my truck at my local offroad track. I am now going to get a new stock motor because lets just say the MVP is not living up to my expectations. What do you think I should get? :confused:

*Trinity Monster Stock Pro
*Trinity PK2K Pro
*Orion?(not sure about their stock motor)
*Trinity Green maching 3 pro
*?????????????????????????????????????????
:confused:

Thanks for any help.

Dustin :dude:

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
Motor

P2K is still the best truck motor because of the torque.

If you use a Monster use small pinion.

P2K2 about two more teeth than Monster

Orion )Top based motors) have a heat issue. I had a friend tell me to cut off some of the edge of both faces on the brush head. A small amount on each side is to lower heat. I have them cut but haven't been able to run them in my truck. yet.

As exaple I use a 16/86 combon on a Monster in my Losi MF2.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
nutz4rc said:
P2K is still the best truck motor because of the torque.

If you use a Monster use small pinion.

P2K2 about two more teeth than Monster

Orion )Top based motors) have a heat issue. I had a friend tell me to cut off some of the edge of both faces on the brush head. A small amount on each side is to lower heat. I have them cut but haven't been able to run them in my truck. yet.

As exaple I use a 16/86 combon on a Monster in my Losi MF2.
Yeah,

I am probebly going to put a Monster in my MF2 also but people have also said good things about the P2K2.

-Thanks

GO LOSI :hat: :hat: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
246 Posts
What don't you like about the MVP? The track I race at allows us to use the Binary Quad mag motors. I used to run MVPs in my XXXT, but I now really the Binary Quad. I get a good mix of torque and RPM.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
mattyk6 said:
What don't you like about the MVP? The track I race at allows us to use the Binary Quad mag motors. I used to run MVPs in my XXXT, but I now really the Binary Quad. I get a good mix of torque and RPM.
I took good care of my MVP: I cleaned it after every run, and I cut the com every 8 runs. But it still ran hot and smoked. I recently looked at the comm and it has a big groove in it. :cry:

Therefore, I want to try trinity because my D5 works great. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
what i suggest which u (dustin) probley al ready know is to bite the bullet and go for a brushless, but (nothing aginist u) if it is out of your busget go with a good bianary or a monster stock pro, if i was u i would give jason a call and see what he has cause u know he only sells motors with good numbers :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts