Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In light of the many interesting auction links that have found their way to this board recently, I got to thinking about a few gems that I set free into the world and now wish I hadn't..... WL 442 from GM Muscle 10 pack :cry: .....Mach 4 with cel animation #1 :cry: .......any one else ever feel a twinge? And if so, what cars were they? :)

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
I once tried to leave on of my WL Camaros in the package, but it got all wrinkled up when I tried to put it in my display case. So unlike women, Loose is better!

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
The Pink Bedlam I traded for 6 WL coke cars.:cry:

I'm REAL upset about that. Who knew something that stupid would be that silly so long, and command the kind of cash it does.:freak:

·
Registered
985 Posts
I had 5 WL Dragsters i traded away. i did get cool cars for them. It still was a silly decision cuz now im chasing them on the umm secondary market. Thank goodness there still cheap.:devil:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
wlpaul said:
The Pink Bedlam I traded for 6 WL coke cars.:cry:

I'm REAL upset about that. Who knew something that stupid would be that silly so long, and command the kind of cash it does.:freak:
I know someone who sold one for $2 , and NOT TO ME ! :p

Nothing really that I have open , I did pick up a red 68 charger WL at fest a couple years ago that bothers me . I had made some trades and bought some stuff from this one guy before so he sold me the mopar or no car series 2 68 charger WL for $25 I think $5 less than someone else had it and it was in a protecto pack .

Well fest was always sensory overload for me between trying to buy , sell and trade stuff , racing cars , bidding on stuff at the charity auction , getting my cars ready for the custom contest ...etc I didn't really take to close of a look at it until I was home . I pulled it out of the protecto and noticed it has a big crease in the card , and the front axel is bent . I keep wanting to replace it but every time I see one anymore they are going for around $70

I traded away some of my mopar WL's to help people finish sets ( sweet 70 gtx , mopar muscle 2 yellow cuda ...etc ) and wish I still had those cars .

Sold both my dinner olds on here for $80 each , but they went to other collectors , kinda wish I still had one , but it's not a mopar and I am sure the people that got them appreciate them more than I would

I had a frightnin christine WL #003 that I wish I would have kept

the worst was a mint matchbox #2 dumper that I traded along with several other cars for a spawn figure

·
Mustang Collector
4,091 Posts
For the longest time I tried to stay away from WL Mustangs. I would sell or trade any that I found. I kinda regret that now that I try to pick them up when I can find them at a decent price.
I also tarded a ton of the WL from the box sets.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I traded away a test shot Vette. Got some cool stuff for it, and as I'm really not a Vette fan, it doesn't bother me that much, but in retrospect probably should have kept it.

·
Registered
704 Posts
hoosier-lightning said:
I once tried to leave on of my WL Camaros in the package, but it got all wrinkled up when I tried to put it in my display case. So unlike women, Loose is better!
Bad analogy! Hermetically sealed and untouchable is not very desirable either - "Available to be played with" is better ("I've had thousands, and rolled 'em all over the house"... yeah, that's the ticket...)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts