Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been working on this for a couple days off and on.
i have a long ways to go on it.:wave:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Hey Lee,
Looks like it will be a good one,

Keep posting pics,

--CadillacPat the UnCustomizer--
Keeping the ZING in CustomiZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks.. i have to give gl props for the idea. thay wont make any more after thay sell out so i made my own..lol
this is a fun project and i own a 27' prowler so that will be next to scale down.
alot of people really dont know how bulkie these slide in's are and thay do look large on the older trucks. my dad had a 69 chevy step side long bed with a slide in on it. and the camper was huge.

·
Registered
350 Posts
GL had all of their proto stuff at the Hotlanta convention and the slide in was on display. That is one very big piece. I was amazed are the weight of it when they handed it to me, lol. They do have a ton of great stuff in the works and there is a mustang I am dying to get a hold of.

Great work on the slide in! it looks awesome.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Gunn, you sir may have just stumbled onto a moderately lucrative little side business if you start taking orders.... hint hint. I'm sure there are quite a few guys who would want one of those. Myself included. Think about it.:wave:

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it's a greenlight casting. it is the only one i own. thay did a fantastic job on this casting.

jefferson. im kinda new to the stryene side of things so right now its trial and error for me. my cost in this project as it is now is around 75 cents and probbly 6 hours. im using a 1/87th scale door for the rear and 1/87th gas bottle and plan on putting the 4 jacks on the sides and using rine stones for all the lights.
the 27 foot prowler i will be making will have a lift off roof so the inside can be seen. ive found all the 1/87th scale tables - beds - and other stuff this morning along with the carpet for it. ive got to go get more .40 stryene metal siding from my hobby store.
check out gerry's camper on the thread - whats on your bench. it looks great.:wave:

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no the prowler is a regular camper 2004 i think.
heres a pic of the slide in with the rear door. all most ready for painting. then windows and crome trim will go on.

i will post a pic of the prowler im going to try and make.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts