Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Get your drill and files out...

I'm doing a build of the AMT enterprise bridge using Starling Tech's
Bridge sound and light kit and Outerspace Outfitters bridge set.

First thing..I need to open up some panels:

I'm using Thunderdrill 2 for the beginning of this task:

The light kit gives two sound tracks and lots of blinking leds to hook up the included FO strands ,allowing a ton of different lighting options..

Steve

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Keeping an eye on this thread Steve!:thumbsup:
Make me proud.;)
-Jim

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
When the heck did Stan come out with this? Man, he's crankin'em out! I'll have to leave here and check this out.

Edit: Ah, I see he doesn't offer it yet. So, yet another advance copy you get to do a WIP for the PDF instructions! I waited for you to finish the B-9 to get an updated instruction PDF. Stan sure is costing me a lot of moola....:rolleyes:

This'll be fun to watch!

hal9001-

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks everybody..this one is an old friend..it will be cool!

Hal, I talked Stan into this one for a client
It's a re-tasking of the robot boards.
it has more sound time and more switches to run the different sound tracks on command. Stan was waiting to see if there was any intrest before putting it on the site..drop him a line and you can have one...lol

I have been filing all day on these panels...

The holes are so that I can light all the panels and buttons...
Once I drill a few holes all the rest of the removal is by hand. Once the "easy" stuff is done, then I need to start carving up the consoles using the templates in the Outerspace Outfitters kit

Steve

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I did this a while back. It is a tremendous amount of work to carve out all those holes, folks.

Looking good, Steve!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys! Fozzie,..how did you tackle the cuts in the consoles?
I'm planning on carefully scribing around the templates and then drilling lots of little teeny tiny holes..then cutting out with files.

I think I spent as much time cleaning my files as filing.

Steve

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Thanks guys! Fozzie,..how did you tackle the cuts in the consoles?
I'm planning on carefully scribing around the templates and then drilling lots of little teeny tiny holes..then cutting out with files.
That's what I did pretty much. It isn't for the faint of heart. The plastic on mine was pretty hard stuff.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's what I'm doing..

The plastic it 'kinda thick..but soft.

Ahh, never worry,... the faint of heart guys around here are all in the debating society..not the building society.

Steve

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
About the only way I figure..Thank you for the link!

I have 5 blinking LEDs that I will add FO to light the buttons and such, then strip lights to light the screens.

Steve

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
So, Steve, when can I send you my kit to cut all those holes out for me? :rolleyes: It'll have to be next week, looks like were're gonna get a hurricane right down our throat! :(

August in the deep South without A/C ain't gonna be pretty....:eek:

hal9001-

1 - 20 of 39 Posts