·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

more to build on this one and paint:wave:

·
Registered
685 Posts
I'd like to see a complete totorial on this build. It's not because it's so difficult but because I've thought about a similar build in 1=1.

I'm curious about the builders imagination paralelling mine. It seems he's already used a 6 cylinder engine.

Thx Gonzo

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd like to see a complete totorial on this build. It's not because it's so difficult but because I've thought about a similar build in 1=1.

I'm curious about the builders imagination paralelling mine. It seems he's already used a 6 cylinder engine.

Thx Gonzo
90% of what you see so far is the sweet pea frame and motor. the rest will have to be built. sweet pea is part of the jessie james diecast.
i would be happy to post a how to on this for you if you would like.
biggest probblem right now is all of the seating area out of sweet pea needs to be cut out for the 59 interrior to fit. or build around the sweet pea interrior. and use it. this idea came from a painting i found and can be seen on the thread whats on your bench.
i wanna add something to this build and use the rear off the 59 as a trailer with a hitch to go with the rat rod. i have a couple options on enclosing the fuel tank in on the rear or just using mini motors leaf springs over the axles.
or using the 59 rear tail section of the 59 to make it a shorty 59 with the tail light and tail gate. right now im going threw my stuff to find another jl 59.
i'll see what i can for a how to on this for ya. stay tuned:wave:

·
Registered
639 Posts
That looks like it's gonna be super cool, Lee. Now you just gotta finish it and then get, or borrow a real camera so you can take some nice pics of it ;)

One more thing. Just wondering if thats the grill you're gonna use. If you got a JL 34 or 37 ford coupe laying around I think the grill off one of those would work pretty well with a little modification.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Right on! Great project car indeed. Keep up the good work and lets see that baby in front of a malt shop soon.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
I love seeing the juce's at work, can almost here the wheels (sorry for the pun) turning from here! Looking forward to seeing this come together Gunn.

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Never thought of Sweet Pea - the width for the ride worked perfect...... Keep a picture trail on this one brother!!

Did you do a step-by-step on the elcamino boat ever??

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i did on the boat but all was lost when star blvd crashed. i lost over 300 pics.
everything i had done was gone.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That looks like it's gonna be super cool, Lee. Now you just gotta finish it and then get, or borrow a real camera so you can take some nice pics of it ;)

One more thing. Just wondering if thats the grill you're gonna use. If you got a JL 34 or 37 ford coupe laying around I think the grill off one of those would work pretty well with a little modification.
its hard to see in the painting but the front top of the grill is a bomarang shape. and i think i can make the new grill.
sweet pea rad - and grill will go in the parts bin.:wave:

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Now you just gotta finish it and then get, or borrow a real camera so you can take some nice pics of it ;)
Eggs-ackly...Gunn, seriously, your cheating your fans by teasing us with these fuzzy, blurry, grainy pix. This one looks like it must be so dang cool, but.....we can't REALLY see it!!!!
We all understand if you're broke and can't afford one, but you do some cool stuff and we just wanna see it, that's all. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Looking great! Cant wait to see the outcome. :thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts