Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a sad story of misplacement, rediscovery, astonishment, and failure. It happens to the best, and even the tidiest of us, at some time or another. And it definitely got me in the seat of my pants ( I felt the kick real good)

Misplacement- The art of being so rushed or distracted that one places an item in a location that, if not immediately remembered, becomes a bit foggy in time until the item, although safe and secure, is lost to view and therefore, unremembered. In this case, I had received a pair of Mustangs (ADDWC) in the mail and in the middle of many projects and important other happenings, I simply set them into a drawer in the Sanctuary, knowing they would be fine 'til later when I had a chance to examine them.

Except that they somehow got covered up by a few magazines in the same drawer (Newsflash) and never got looked at again, until today. Several months later...

Rediscovery- In a nutshell, finding a lost treasure. This came about because I finally had nothing stopping me from gathering those many items from the '06 Fest, scattered about the Sanctuary in a bold effort to register them after way too much procrastination. Opened a desk drawer, moved a few things...

"Sonuvagun, where the heck have these been?"

Astonishment- The feeling one gets when one realizes that something stands out with an obvious difference, or when the lower jaw falls with a bang onto a hard desktop. Yeah, that's right. I turned the darn thing over in my hand and found a yellowish-colored piece of paper inside, with the words "WINNER! Chase Car Golden Ticket" staring back at me. Go ahead, laugh. I know you wanna...

Failure- The emotional low one gets when realizing he blew it. Like reading the back of the ticket and seeing the expiration date for redemption was at the end of July...

But hey, at least I still have a golden ticket, huh? :freak:

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
You may be the only one in possession of a golden ticket ~ not much consolation, but it is unique. Glad you found your cars though!

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
WOW Owl! First off that was a great read. Second that really blows. Maybe by some crazzzzzy chance. Mark has a extra chase car lying around :).

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
That was a fun read. Now I know who had the one ticket I never got back. It will go down in history the same way a Charity auction winner did when he recieved his prize, kept the bonus car and threw away the gem.

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
bob8748 said:
I feel so low right now.

At least you have your cars!

Bob,

You know where that car is, just look at it that you are storing it there.. forever. I have cars I haven't seen in 4 or 5 years, so it is really not a lot different.. i even have cars i know I have but can't find right now..

There is always a positive side to these little car problems

Rob

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Ouch!!!! As I shudder at the thought! Sorry bout' that. One day......a long time from now....this will be a fun story!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts