Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
allright guys once again i need some more help with my car. I recently picked up a wing and a wing mounting kit and I have not a clue what to do now! the kit comes with a length of wire and 2 buttons and on these buttons there is a smaller lenth of wire that joins them togeather to add stability but how do I actualy go about mounting the wing on the car? ive seen people who have the darkside motorsports wing mount kit and that looks realy cool but I dont know if i wana order that or not. but just any input you guys can give me will be much appreceated. and give me oppinions on what you guys think is the best way to mount a wing.

THANKS
Sean Scott

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
I am going to recomend the darkside mounts not because I run for darkside, but I installed the mounts for the first time at the birds on my car and was very simple and installed within minutes.they do come with instructions but I never looked at them, the new charger body and from what I understand all bodies from now on from protoform will have the dimples in the rear windows for easy install of the darkside mounts. it installs in minutes, the wire you are mentioning goes underneath the wing threw the lower holes, set screws on the bottom to tigthen it up and the wing wire goes threw the top holes with set screws on top to tighten them down.

·
Banned
871 Posts
well if your wing wire is pre bent you want to mount the wing about 1/4 inch below the roof if you run a protoform bodie you will find some small dots on the rear window a good starting point is the 3 dot up from the rear deck thats where you want the bend in the wire then the bottons should be good in the first dot

hope this helps Mike O

·
Registered
672 Posts
I just mounted the Darkside wing on my Proto. Charger. It took me all of about 10 minutes to do and I noticed a huge difference in the car on Saturday when we raced. It really helped settle the car down. The Darkside instructions were very easy to follow.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
omnis85 said:
I am going to recomend the darkside mounts not because I run for darkside, but I installed the mounts for the first time at the birds on my car and was very simple and installed within minutes.they do come with instructions but I never looked at them, the new charger body and from what I understand all bodies from now on from protoform will have the dimples in the rear windows for easy install of the darkside mounts. it installs in minutes, the wire you are mentioning goes underneath the wing threw the lower holes, set screws on the bottom to tigthen it up and the wing wire goes threw the top holes with set screws on top to tighten them down.
I DONT run for Darkside and Ill say>>>Run the darkside mounts.. Ive been using them for 2 years now and it makes mounting the wing a snap.. Id be lost without the mount.. Plus now that Protoform is making dots on the body to line them up it could not get any easier.. FWIW the darkside center shock mount is the bomb as well .. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
I always took the pre-bent trinity wire and if you want the wing to sit lower, chuck it up in a vice and bend it some more with some pliars. match up both so they are bent the same angle.

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
Darkside Mounts are Definitly the way to go I've been running mounts similar to erics for almost 8 years and now i use his

1 - 9 of 9 Posts