Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally, the long awaited Windtunnel Racing Products Tire Durometer is here. Built and calibrated to read tire frimness in the same scale as we have become used to. Below is a picuture and orders are now shipping and being accepted. Price is $75 each plus shipping.

They are factory calibrated and it is not recommended that the durometer be taken apart in any way. Recalibration services will be available in the event that it get dropped, or for other reasons.

Thank you everyone for your support. It is appreciated

Rob @ Windtunnel Racing Products...........RIDE THE WIND!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Man Rob....leave some products for others to come out with....LOL. Keep up the good work and releasing products that are actually needed and work!!

EA

·
Team DCM
2,309 Posts
Yeah no kidding EA seems like he is cornering the NEW PRODUCT market, LOL

Great Stuff can not wait to get one or tow in the hobby shop..... and in my personal tool box....................

·
Dale Cote'
1,659 Posts
Rob, does the readings stay consistant as the tire wears down, and there is less thickness of foam on the rim? Like, will a 2.300" tire reading 40 durometer stay at 40 when the size gets to 2.10"?

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
reading will remain stable until certain points. at 2.1 you on the rim on other rims except the Windtunnel line of rims and very close with others. Providing the plunger has enough rubber to work on then yes it will remain the same. But keep in mind that traction compound, will have effects, sitting around in open air and other factors can also have effects on the firmness of the rubber. If you attempt to get a reading and your on a seam it will also have effects on your readings so learn how to use your durometer correctly and you should have a great tool to reference your tires by.

Rob @ Windtunnel Racing Products

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thanks for the props Puf19 :)

You can use this unit on caps. I have done it with mine. The plunger is probably not ideal for it but it can be used for the caps. I have considered doing a second version with a slightly different plunger that would be better for the capped tires.

·
Team DCM
2,309 Posts
EAMotorsports said:
Man...all these GUYS talking about Rob's nice looking UNIT kinda got me worried.....LOL

EA
LMAO awesome could not have said it better myself........................

1 - 20 of 29 Posts