Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
hey rob tq and win with my new murdock springs and bearing man i never new springs could bring a car back to life like that and the bearing WOW!!!!!! UNBELEIVABLE!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Rob how much longer are the new shafts? I have a set of old HPI shocks and just bought a new set and the new one is about 1/8 longer. Didn't realize it till I put it on the car.
Thanks,
Fireball

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Rob, is the man!! You wont find a more true and consistent tire on the market!!! Dont forget about the WT bodies! Rob has every body you need for any track! Look no further than Murdock Racing for all your racing needs!!!

Mario

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The stock shock shaft that comes with an HPI is 31mm. The 37mm will give you the length to move your center shock mount forward and back with out standoffs or extentions in Most cases. In most cases the RPM long ball end will do the trick or shorter.

Windtunnel Strut Front end is very close to being available. Just a couple of things need to be finished up and it will be shipping. Perfect choice with Associated stuff being very hard to get or find and with associated being moved over seas it will be even harder in the future it would appear. In the long run the Windtunnel Front end will be a better option because it is adjustable in ways the associate is not and WT aftermarket items will be made as well to make it better and easier.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Here are some shots of a built front end.

Right front pic is pretty standard built with an inline axle and upper a arm in the top hole of the caster block

Left front has been played with a bit. Caster block has been raised to take camber gain out to keep a full foot print on the left front tire. As you can see the caster block has been simply turned around to lengthen the a arm and slow the rate of gain. If you look at the view from the top you will see that the left front has also been built with an offset axle to shorten the left side wheel base.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here are those pics of the shock shaft.

Front end was at one time the TRC. It has been changed some and materials improved a bunch with more to come. I finally got around to racing one on my car in competition today and I forgot how much I loved this thing myself. The car was above and beyond better than it had been all year as far as how the front end worked, how the car tracked and the feel of the car was so much better than the associated. I was very pleased with day one in race cituations with it. I have no doubt that I can improve on what I did with it today.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Rob,

Windtunnel does it again in stock this weekend at Freddies winter champ race! TQ, win and a new track record! Everything from a Dodge HD D-Type body, front axle's, front, side and center spring! And of course, tires! Thanks for all the great products Rob!

Mario

·
Registered
819 Posts
windtunnel HDM bodies tqed and win and reset the track record in 19t pro at RCtoybox in Vermont this past saturday...and wintunnel HDM bodie win the the new years bash at Barre R/C in Vermont on sunday in stock!! these bodie are so good and light!!! if you never have tryed one.....you miss something!! :thumbsup:

Pace

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
new track record at min reg r/c club birds warm up race in tampa florida! 4300 brushless class! the car had nothing but murdock springs on it and it was dialed!

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That is what I like to hear :thumbsup: Keep up the great work and awesome runs guys.

Looking for the first shipment of LRP Sphere Competition 2007 versions to be in the first of the week. New updated hardware and software. New braking features & The "boost" function has also been installed like in the Q-2 and prior speed controls. Give a little kick off the line. More profiles as well that in looking at the instructions this evening look good for giving us more options for throttle control, brake control and etc. Ill have one in testing this weekend.

Rob @ Windtunnel Racing Products

1 - 20 of 111 Posts