Hobbyist Forums banner

381 - 398 of 398 Posts

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Joe, the key to your response, is the 2nd word, OLD,
the current move seems to be sets in the range of 3 to 5 sizes, if you look around most of the suppliers have in the last couple years narrowed they sets to what is most used, rc4less, ksg, silva are all in 3 to 5 size range..

I have lots of springs I will never use, progressive, barrel, and standard that are real soft or real hard. Seems that since 1 cell(been how many years now) with light cars that if you look at the setups that are posted, 18's or 20's are used. For racers that are cost focused sets of 7 sizes when you are likely to use 2 doesn't make sense. That seems to be from both the racers and suppliers point of view..

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Also keep in mind that our "Babies" and "Big Babies" are a narrow diameter spring and is not sold by # but by wire size. They are not really catagorized as a progressive or standard. We went further than Wolfe did with the narrow dia springs by color codeing them so racers did not have to use a caliper to figure out what wire size they had.

As far as what racers are buying as far as springs with us. Since it is a Friday afternoon I went and looked at our most popular front springs.

Number one is our 5 pair pkg of Front barrels. We have sold more of those than any one of our other front springs.

Then I went and looked at what was the most popular for STANDARD, PROGRESSIVE, BIG BABIES, and BABIES. The phone rang so I listed what I had found up to that point.

Standard Front Springs 10# Red, 12# Green, 8# White
Progressive Fronts 10-12# Red, 11-13#Green, Pkg of all seven
Babies .22 Green, .16 Blue
Big Babies .18 White, pkg of all 5 pair.

Was kinda interesting and thought I would share that info.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
That went to a log in on your site? Those Babie& Big Babie sets are painted versions of old school Assocaited 1/10, 1/12 setus which makes it a whole lot easier to use.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Some of you may have noticed a problem with checkout while using USPS for shipping yesterday.

USPS changed their codes without letting shop owners know of the change. A new USPS updated shipping module has now been installed on our Windtunnel Racing shopping cart and all seems to be working fine now.

And, all invoiced orders done thru Paypal invoicing today, have all been shipped.

Thanks for your patience while we fixed the problem.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Windtunnel Site Shipping Module

It seems that USPS has made a change to their API, yet again. Though, this time, they did not announce it.

Our customers have noticed that they are unable to check out at this time.

I am in the process of installing a new USPS shipping module.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts

·
Premium Member
496 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #398
Windtunnel Front End Spacers

Color Coded front end spacers. Work on Windtunnl Stut front end, Old associated, and others $30 a set

Color Coded R5 front end spacers. Used on smaller bolt front ends. $30 a set

Attachments

381 - 398 of 398 Posts