Hobbyist Forums banner

321 - 340 of 398 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,938 Posts
I am proud to announce that Rob and the folks at Windtunnel Racing will be a sponsor at the TOUR National Championship. This race will be ran tje 2nd weekend of April at Indy. Not only does Rob make great parts but is willing to give advice to me and sponsor events like this. Many THANKS again Rob.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hmm

how much for a Breeze with side shocks and world gt tires? ready to try BRL trucks again and this has my interest. LMK

Jim Harden

BSR Cap, 1/10th & 1/12th tires have been updated.

I am also starting to add a new batch of Windtunnel donuts to the site. We have a shore/durometer chart for each compound. Sizes will be listed as well. ID, OD and width including Slot car donuts coming

Watch for the new version of the "Breeze" car as well, it will once again come with body and body posts. Parts are always available and much cheaper than graphite cars. Kits come standard with damper tubes but are able to adapt side shocks as well. You will also still have the option of a Quality 4 cell sport pack. Windtunnel sport batteries come assembled, shrink wrapped, with deans plugs and wires

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #323
Hello Jim. I should have the "Breeze" kit on the site updated soon. Cost of the kit is not going to be bad at all. Shocks are an easy add on. I have IRS shocks in stock or you can swap shocks off an existing car as well. Stay tuned for the updated price

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
How do the WindTunnel tires compare to BSR as far as grip and duro? Like, is a White (30 on the duro) the same as a BSR white (also 30 on the duro)? What's the difference between the "natural", "standard", and "exotic" rubber?

Lookin' to maybe get a few sets here soon...

·
Registered
82 Posts
There is no difference in rubber Jimmy between the Windtunnel, BSR, or jaco. The major difference is the rim. Windtunnel has a much smaller, lighter wheel that is outlast any other on the market for durability and size. WT wheels are 1.8in where other are 1.9 to 2.0in. So life of your tire with other is greatly reduced because of size and the durability

Standard rubber: green, blue, dbl blue, orange

Exotic: White, gray, black etc.

Natural: platinum, pinks, purples, etc.

Plum: is its own breed. Much like the gold and silver of a few years back. Not todays gold and silver. These are excellent tires on all 4 corners

Hope that helps

Rob @ Windtunnel

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
So, same rubber between the brands (BSR and WindTunnel); just *more* rubber on the WT tires because of the smaller rim? That's what I'm understanding, correct? So if I need my tire diameter to be 2.10: with a BSR and a 1.9" wheel, that's less rubber than the WT with a 1.8" wheel. Does that mean that the tire will flex a little more in the sidewall going through the corners? Just trying to understand what it'll do (switching to a WT tire) as far as the handling of the car goes.

Thanks, Rob.

·
Registered
82 Posts
BSR wheels are 2.00 inches not 1.90. Jaco are just a tick above 1.90inches, Windtunnel are 1.80inches. Now what your going to have is longer life out of those tires, less rolling resistance, and flex on wheels makes speed.
That has been proven not only by myself but by some of the top drivers in the country. When you run other wheels back to back with no set up change compared to Windtunnel the WT wheels are .02 to .03 faster each lap. Yes that is EACH lap, not over a whole race.
The other myth you will hear is ID on foam. Smaller ID doesnt meen harder tires. They simply hold better. Again, I have proven this. Others that have gone to CA.......I dont agree with that one.
The only time you should see any problem with foam holding to wheels is when traction compound is OVER USED. Dont do that to your foam. I makes a mess out of tires and the carpet. Dont buy a 38 and soak it to a 32 (for example) With todays compounds that stuff may smell better to a degree but once it soaks into carpet it WILL NOT come out. In the past paragon and TQ would evaporate back out. Jack, sticky fingers, and niftech simply wont come out and then you have a whole other problem. Wipe on, wipe off is all you should need to do and your car will be faster but you have to set the car up to handle it. It is not hard to do but it can be done. Just take your time and learn what a good race car feels like and you will run circles around most racers.
This is a subject I could go on and on about but it works, I have done it with my own cars and most times in big events when I go faster and the others stay the same or go slower they dont know why. And as much as I have tried to help some, it doesnt always get through. All I or anyone can do is try to help, the rest is up to results.
Chatter in the pits dont help on the track. Look at the fast guy in the building and do what they are doing. Watch big events as well. Someone who is fast as all get out on a weekly show, then all of a sudden slow where teching is going on......you do the match. Now that is not to say anything or point fingers but I do know of this happening. Now the other side of that is that you have to have a fast guy to know who is cheating as well. Some food for thought:wave:

Rob @ Windtunnel

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Trying to send an e-mail to check on the status of an order, but got two different responses:

1) sent to [email protected]:

Got this back:
"This address is no longer used by MurdockR/C or Windtunnel

Thank you"
2) sent to [email protected]:

Got this back:
"A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]
(ultimately generated from [email protected])
The mail server could not deliver mail to [email protected] The account or
domain may not exist, they may be blacklisted, or missing the proper dns
entries.

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Return-path: <[email protected]>
Received: from imr-da06.mx.aol.com ([205.188.169.203])
by home.oscommerce-solution.com with esmtp (Exim 4.69)
(envelope-from <[email protected]>)
id 1Q0zsP-0006lC-Vp
for [email protected]; Sat, 19 Mar 2011 12:23:46 -0500
Received: from mtaomg-db01.r1000.mx.aol.com (mtaomg-db01.r1000.mx.aol.com
[172.29.51.199])
by imr-da06.mx.aol.com (8.14.1/8.14.1) with ESMTP id p2JHNbcI029213
for <[email protected]>; Sat, 19 Mar 2011 13:23:37 -0400
Received: from core-mcb004c.r1000.mail.aol.com (core-mcb004.r1000.mail.aol.com
[172.29.40.22])
by mtaomg-db01.r1000.mx.aol.com (OMAG/Core Interface) with ESMTP id
DCFF8E000082
for <[email protected]>; Sat, 19 Mar 2011 13:23:36 -0400 (EDT)
To: [email protected]
Subject: Order status?
X-MB-Message-Source: WebUI
X-AOL-IP: 70.228.106.79
X-MB-Message-Type: User
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="--------MB_8CDB47183EA87B0_1ADC_12145_webmail-m075.sysops.aol.com"
X-Mailer: AIM WebMail 33426-STANDARD
Received: from 70.228.106.79 by webmail-m075.sysops.aol.com (64.12.141.33) with
HTTP (WebMailUI); Sat, 19 Mar 2011 13:23:36 -0400
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
X-Originating-IP: [70.228.106.79]
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 13:23:36 -0400 (EDT)
x-aol-global-disposition: G
X-AOL-SCOLL-SCORE: 0:2:465553664:93952408
X-AOL-SCOLL-URL_COUNT: 0
x-aol-sid: 3039ac1d33c74d84e698742d"
I'm just wanting to check on the status of my order (order #3078).

Thanks...

·
Registered
82 Posts
First question Answer: [email protected] has not been used by us in years. Not sure where you got that one lately, so response is out of my hands there

Second Question Answer: was responded to and you should have receieved it as well as a notice that a couple of shock oils were out of stock but the rest has been shipped

Current email is: [email protected]

Hope that helps Jimmy

·
Registered
82 Posts
We have an order that has been sitting here for sometime for decals. We need to know the Number & Colors in order to process this order. Several attempts have been made to contact the person who made this order. If anyone knows Al Aiken please have him contact [email protected] with this information

Thank you, Rob

·
Registered
82 Posts
New version of the Windtunnel "Breeze" kit is now available with body included. The "Breeze" will now include once again the NEW Windtunnel "FSC" body. This body has a spoiler not the wing that was used in the past. $175.00 a kit. We would rather sell these than move them with a flood possible here near the river. They are on the site and available for sale

Many other items have been marked down as well. Free shipping is available over a certain amount. Get them while they are available or we may have to swim for them

http://www.windtunnelracingproducts....oducts_id=1127

·
Registered
82 Posts
All orders that have been sitting due to our move and flood are shipped as of today. Sorry for the delay everyone. We are pretty much under water all around us and had to move out of the shop for now due to the flooding. Phone lines are once again operational. Thank you everyone for working with us though this problem

Rob @ Windtunnel Racing Products

321 - 340 of 398 Posts