Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
This is going to be interesting to see completed.. nice project if it needs a home......

Dave

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
joez870 said:
Very nice project, indeed, eh!

Oh...coach....YOU can't have it. YOU have a Tjet hammer! :)

No I don't ( rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) I have a grinder ( zzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

Dave

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
coach61 said:
No I don't ( rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) I have a grinder ( zzzzzzzzzzzzzz)Dave
Coach and Joez! You guys need to think bigger. It works best if you pound the grinder into the body with the hammer. I shouldn't have to tell a coupla' wiley veterans like "youse guys" about bodywork 101! :lol:

Sorry TJR, I digress. Looks like you've got the goo trick well in hand. I'm likin' the blower cover delete. Scuffing off the toothy grill really smooths out the chin, it's a good look.

The color depends on the era your goin' for. If you dont like the color build another one. Thats my motto.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not sure what to do with the front yet. That is the way the car was for 30 yrs. I may cut it open and put screen in it. The head lights need to get filled then put new ones on from box styrene. I am leaning tword the flat black...

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Looking good TJ..Dupont is making money this week.. I have been at the paint booth like crazy too.. lol...

Dave

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
T-Jet Racer said:
I need ideas for the headlights and grill. HELP!
Well, first off you could always drill out the holes and install some of the old school bulbs or LEDs for actual lights. Or you could keep it smooth and pick up a set of decals that replicate headlights and use a small piece of carbon fiber or mesh screen (maybe one of those screen repair kits from your local ACE hardware store) to replicate the grille (check the scale look first). Or maybe drill/grind out the grille opening and install some small scale screen material, would give you some cooling to keep that pancake running smooth. Just some thoughts. Just keep the pix coming. Thanks! Dave

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
There ya go! When all else fails dump out the boneyard and shuffle your culls around.
You just never know what could happen.

I may actually have a set of Willy's front fenders with the lights intact, if your up for some neuro-surgery! Forgot about them until about two seconds ago.

Bill

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Nice work, Wes!

It looks 100% different since the first pics-
You are well on your way to having a very nice custom!

As rr said; Kepp the pics coming! I want to see this baby with some details picked out and some sharp wheels--That will do the trick!

Excellent work to this point! :thumbsup:

Cheers..

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
boss9 said:
Nice work, Wes!

It looks 100% different since the first pics-
You are well on your way to having a very nice custom!

As rr said; Kepp the pics coming! I want to see this baby with some details picked out and some sharp wheels--That will do the trick!

Excellent work to this point! :thumbsup:

Cheers..
I'm confused .. what nice work?? LOL.. it aint me smile.. its Tjet Racer not me. :)

Wes

1 - 20 of 38 Posts