Hobbyist Forums banner

Willys convertables

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  JPRcustoms 
#1 ·
Chopped the tops off these JL Willys cars. Added interior and boot from JL Mustangs. (before I found out there was a kit for this) The purple one has a blower, a chrome air cleaner, and side pipes off a Hot Wheels car. I got the rear Firestone tires off a die-cast JL car, and mounted them on custom rims. I gave it a shot of Testors transparent grape over the purple. The green one I wanted to keep stock looking, so I filed off the hood scoop and added some bumpers I clipped off a die cast Merc. I added some chrome headlights from another donor car. I painted it pale green with a coat of Testors transparent green.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks for the kind words guys! Im working on converting a JL Pro-stock style Willys pick-up to fit on a slim line chassis. Most of the details are worked out. If it comes out good, I will try to send it out to be cast in resin. Looks good so far, so keep your fingers crossed! It should be posted in a few days when I get it all done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.