Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chopped the tops off these JL Willys cars. Added interior and boot from JL Mustangs. (before I found out there was a kit for this) The purple one has a blower, a chrome air cleaner, and side pipes off a Hot Wheels car. I got the rear Firestone tires off a die-cast JL car, and mounted them on custom rims. I gave it a shot of Testors transparent grape over the purple. The green one I wanted to keep stock looking, so I filed off the hood scoop and added some bumpers I clipped off a die cast Merc. I added some chrome headlights from another donor car. I painted it pale green with a coat of Testors transparent green.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,462 Posts
Cool looking cars!

This reminds me of our "Whip Out Your Willys" thread before the Great Schism. Good stuff.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Good Job! Looking foward to your future Willys projects you mentioned. I have a few converts myself I'll be posting pics of in the future.
cheers!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the kind words guys! Im working on converting a JL Pro-stock style Willys pick-up to fit on a slim line chassis. Most of the details are worked out. If it comes out good, I will try to send it out to be cast in resin. Looks good so far, so keep your fingers crossed! It should be posted in a few days when I get it all done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts