Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp, now live and running until Thursday, September 23rd! Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chopped the tops off these JL Willys cars. Added interior and boot from JL Mustangs. (before I found out there was a kit for this) The purple one has a blower, a chrome air cleaner, and side pipes off a Hot Wheels car. I got the rear Firestone tires off a die-cast JL car, and mounted them on custom rims. I gave it a shot of Testors transparent grape over the purple. The green one I wanted to keep stock looking, so I filed off the hood scoop and added some bumpers I clipped off a die cast Merc. I added some chrome headlights from another donor car. I painted it pale green with a coat of Testors transparent green.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,462 Posts
Cool looking cars!

This reminds me of our "Whip Out Your Willys" thread before the Great Schism. Good stuff.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Good Job! Looking foward to your future Willys projects you mentioned. I have a few converts myself I'll be posting pics of in the future.
cheers!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the kind words guys! Im working on converting a JL Pro-stock style Willys pick-up to fit on a slim line chassis. Most of the details are worked out. If it comes out good, I will try to send it out to be cast in resin. Looks good so far, so keep your fingers crossed! It should be posted in a few days when I get it all done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts