Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Is that really racing? Do they let up on the controllers? If the art is in the tune-up, kudos to them but that almost looks like they are on rails. WOW!!!

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
WTF???!!! how the hell can you keep it up ? Are you sure the movie clip is not fast forwarding???

Wes

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
WesJY said:
WTF???!!! how the hell can you keep it up ? Are you sure the movie clip is not fast forwarding???

Wes

I was watching the pople in some shots they appear realtime but if ya watch there is a few spots that are speed up me thinks.. cool anyways.. lol

·
Registered
307 Posts
That's "wing car" racing for ya......stupid fast. Gobs of aero downforce. Cars look like doorstops with side dams.

That track is the "King" layout. It's the de facto standard hardcore racing layout. Last I heard, the record was in the 1.9 second range. Can't remember what the lap length is.....

If there is a commercial 1-24 scale track anywhere near, go check it out. Even the super 16D motored 4" wheelbase cars are pretty darn fast..... Wing car racing is pretty rare. Too fast and too much $$$ and requires some commitment.

Trivia for today........ :wave:

·
Registered
77 Posts
World record is 1sec46 . :wave:
It's expensive for big events in G7 class (free class).
There are many under-class which are affordable.

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
They were fast as H*** back in the late 60's too. Don't know if I could keep up on a track like that without getting whiplash. :eek: rr

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I was going to race them, after going a couple times and watching these guys race and seeing how they set up their controllers with the relays and everything I decided to stick with my home track.

·
Registered
189 Posts
they are that fast i went just to watch when they wreck though they fly high i tried the sprint car on the king track wasnt that good because my sprinter is set up for an oval.

·
Registered
554 Posts
fast video

Have you guys seen the Unlimited Ho cars lately? Even faster!! I've got a dvd of a portion of the unlimited main at a past HOPRA Nats I have been trying to upload to U tube but have had no luck. Can anyone help? Thanks

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Send it to my email and I'll process it to Youtube and share with everybody here if you wish

slotracer AT zanzaman.com

(replace the AT by @ of course)

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Didn,t Alan Galinko do a tjet that did the 1/4 mile in something like .2 seconds? That is literally in the blink of an eye.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts