Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I intend to build 4 of these 1:1000 refits. The 1701, 1701 (Damaged STII), 1701 (Destroyed STIII), & 1701-A (STIV-VI) But I havent seen any pictures of decals for the ''1701-A'' only the 1701. So is there any word if there will be additional decals for the 'A' or is it just the TMP Enterprise?

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
That's actually a good question if the registry numbers are built into the aztec decals--it could actually be a space issue. No pun intended.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
if it's like the 350 scale re-issue, the registry numbers are a second layer of decals. Since they shrunk everything else down, it figures they would do the same on the decals

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Wow!That model will be something else.The shape looks perfect,It will need no real painting and will look truly great with only those decals applied.I can't wait!

·
Registered
282 Posts
No mention has been made of "A" decals, but I'm sure they (and many other names/registries) will be available from vendors like JT Graphics, PNT and JBOT.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Is it just me, or do those panel lines look way too thick for the scale?
They are, but the particular piece shown is a first-off test. As I understand it, the final production kit will have less obnoxious deflector grid lines, and the overall fit will be tighter. As shown in some of the other photos of the kit in this picture, the nacelle/pylons don't quite line up correctly with the saucer...kinda like the AMT refit...but the PTB have promised that they ARE fixing that before final production! I suspect that may be part of why the release date was pushed back to January. Frankly, I'm glad they pushed it back. As much as I want this kit, I'd rather they'd delay it and get it right, than rush it out and end up with a sub-standard product.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts