Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all Aurora lovers.
For years I have been collecting Aurora kits. Chris Davies and I regularly get together and discuss them. We both enjoy all that Aurora did - kits, boxes and instruction sheets.
In various forums people have asked - are their kits complete? I am starting a booklet to help solve this problem. I have begun work on a Wild Life kit Aurora book that will include photos (in colour) of boxes, kits (assembled and unassembled) and instruction sheets. I am doing this series as I have all the kits and it is a small series to begin such a task. If it works out I would like to continue and do other series as well. The problem I am having is with the instruction sheets. Between Chris and I we have amassed all the boxes but are missing certain instructions. If you can send scans of any of these I will credit the people that have sent them.
The ones I need to complete this daunting task are as follows-

Stallion - Forged Foil instructions
American Bison - second issue(Band W) and Forged Foil
White Tail Deer - color instructions
Thoroughbred Race Horse - color instructions
Black Bear - color instruction
Cougar - Forged Foil instructions

I know that not too many of you know me, but Chris is well known and a good friend of mine. I will be showing him what I have done so far this week end and let him inform you if he thinks this project will help other Aurora collectors.
If I can finish this series I will do others.
Thanks for your time in reading this. If I cannot get this set done I'll not bother anyone again with these requests.
All the best, Michael.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Guys, I'd really appreciate it if anyone can help Michael in his quest.
I've known him for nearly 10 years and I'm honoured to call him a good mate. His knowledge of Aurora leaves mine for dead and he's as passionate about his beloved Auroras as we all are.
If any one here can possibly help him out (I'm sure a lot of you have the info he seeks), PLEASE PM him and let him know....

Chris.:)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Cool,so what do you consider the second issue of the Buffalo?
Are you going to catalog all the box variations or just the basics?
Did you know this kit was going to be included in the wildlife series:

BRIAN

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Chris for the nice words.
Also Brian thanks for responding. I would love to put as much as possible into the book but even though Chris says I have a bit of knowledge, I'm sure there are people out there with greater knowledge than me. I would just like to see this material in a book so that all could enjoy it.
For years I have wanted to read a book with this information, so I decided to do something about it. As I do not have or know everything about these kits I was intending to just do the initial issue(eg from Bill Bruegman's book - White Stallion 1 box and instructions from this initial release from the 1965-1968 run and then the box and instructions from the 1969-1975 run. Plus the forged foil Stallion as it is called). I realise that during this time there may have been multiple issues , boxes and instructions, but I just do not have all the data. I was then going to do this for the rest of the series.
This will produce a book of 80 pages in length. If I had the information I would include everything so that all had this information or if someone else wants to do the book I would more than happily help them.
Also yes I have seen the Bull Elk photo from Thomas Graham's book. If only that kit would have got released - wow!
Once again thanks for replying. If there is anything I can help people with, I will try.
Michael.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts