Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
LTO
3,079 Posts
Wow, a easy one. Ok, the reason we use a narrow left rear has 2 reasons. First less rolling resistance. Second, better traction. Why better traction, well if you look at the tire patch of a narrow, you will have a great weight per square inch of surface when compared to a wide tire. Plus, it just looks cool!

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
We run on a 270 ft concrete oval.

We run a narrow LR and a wide RR.

For tire compounds, we usually run:

LF: Green
LR: Narrow Green
RF: NET Blue
RR: Wide NET Blue

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
then why on a carpet track do they run wide rears? wouldnt the same theory apply to carpet as well? dont get me wrong ,i run a narrow left, just wonder where a wide would be most useful.

·
LTO
3,079 Posts
A wider tire, will be looser compared to a narrow tire. You really can't compare foams to caps, 2 different worlds. No clue on foam tires, Carpet is for wiping your feet on. I don't have a clue why you would want to run a r/c car on it!

I can't think of a track where a wide left cap tire would be faster. Also with a narrow left rear, you can pull the left side in. This can help the car turn in the middle better and loosen up off the corner. You have many more options in tuning with a narrow left rear.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
we run a wide right rear om our paved track also.. two narrows do not hook up.. the wide does

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
burbs said:
we run a wide right rear om our paved track also.. two narrows do not hook up.. the wide does
Burbs,

I think he's refering to narrow left rear cap tires,is there such a thing as a narrow left rear foam?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Narrow lr helps the car turn in the middle ( on caps ) is what I,ve always heard, but Ive never tried a wide lr cap tire :lol: let me know what happens if you try it. I always run full width foams so I can rotate the rear tires and keep tire wear under control mostly, but then again I am a sorry foam tire racer :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts