Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, we're back!!! We've been testing our new Apocalypse 2.0 monoball conversion chassis, and have had great success with it. I will post so pictures of the prototype here so everyone can see it, there will be a few minor tweaks for the production runs, however nothing major. After Christmas we will post the official price for the conversion, and hope to be able to ship then starting the first week on Jan. (Just in time for birds!!). The conversion kit will include: Main Chassis, Bottom Pod Plate, Top Pod Plate, Cross Brace, Nerf Wing, Front Arm Mount, the links, and monoball assembly. Feel free to pm me on here, or e-mail me at [email protected] if you are interested in getting on our pre-order list.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wheel base is the same as the stock R5, however instead of having holes, the front arm mount will have slots to fine tune the amount of lead in the car. We have had our best luck running the car between a 10.125 and 10.25 wheelbase.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
looks interesting
it would be cool if you did 2 conversions one with the mono ball and links and the other with the 4 pivot design like the cefx car...

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good Luck to Matt Stefenhagen who will be wheeling an Apocalypse 2.0 in 10.5 this weekend at the CRC New Years Dash race!!!!! All suppliers we have talked to are out of CF at this point in time, so once I am able to locate a source for some Carbon I will advise on when the kits will be available and how much we will be retailing them for. Right now our plans are the kits will be $135 complete with all chassis and hardware components needed to make the conversion.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
well in a couple weeks i will have one to test with..first time i got to speak with jeff on the phone..realy nice guy and very committed to making a good oval car.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good job to Matt this weekend, even though his results may not show it, it was his first time running 10.5, and he was busy wrenching on two other cars this weekend as well. Great guy, and good job to him.

Bill, thanks for the kind words, it means a lot.

Everyone else, it's been hard to find CF lately, so we are a little behind schedule on the production units. Once we know more I will be sure to post here. Kits should be ready by the last week in January.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Apocalypse 2.0 took TQ honors as well as A-Main win at the hooter chassis outlaw tour race yesterday. Car was great.

We have ordered our own CNC Router and are waiting for it to be delivered. Once it gets here we will be able to start supplying hobbyshops and the racer with these kits. The Final Price will be $135, included will be all Carbon fiber components, Links from the Associated 12R5, Pivot Cup from the 12R5, and required mounting hardware. Are plans are to start shipping at the end of the first week in Feb.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Wow, another Hooter Tour race and another win, this time amongst a sea of CEFX cars. Way to go Jeff!

Matt
Jeff's car looked great, and ran well as usual. But I seem to remember a certain CEFX car coming from a lap down to almost take the win. And several of the other CEFX cars had awesome lap times, just got jammed in bad heats.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Car was good this weekend, but I made some changes to the speedo and gear for the main that made it go the wrong way. Car wasn't as fast as daves, but that was me still trying to figure out tekin 200 with my motor. What do you expect when I only race once a month, lol. Won't make it to Beaver this weekend, my sons 1 year birthday is this saturday so I am spending the day with him. Hope everyone has fun.

Quick update, CNC router is in and functioning properly, problem is vacuum table is not co-operating. I'll be fixing that problem tonight and should have kits ready to ship by the end of the weekend. Cost will be $150 including all hardware. PM me to get on the waiting list.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol, well I know it isn't the motor because when I put the mamba in it has all kinds of rip, lol. maybe I need to race more to figure it out, lol.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Jeff sent pm

1 - 20 of 118 Posts