Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I haven't hunted or posted much lately due to some health issues with my wife. She is now on the mend and doing well. So, today I took the opportunity to check out a local flea market that I haven't been to in about 2 years. I found waaaay more then my wallet will allow and after today I'll be going back real soon!! So on with the show.........

All these at 5 for $1

These were 3 for $1

Lesneys $3 each

Road Champs Trams Am 4pk - $5

Tin toys $5 each - Can anybody give me any info on these?? The Jeeps say made in Japan on them. Taxi has no markings.

$5 - YES, I said $5 for this one!! Best find of the day! The guy had it marked $8, as I'm looking it over he said you can have it for $5..........Sold!

And, finally this cool 70's era AM radio (works) $5

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Hooray for the wife
Excellent hunting day too. My wife has a small collection of those tin cars. The WL is SWEEEET.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
5 bucks...Craig drops dead of a stroke!
OH NO...........I killed Craig..........quick someone open a WL and wave it under his nose.......:freak:

Love the MB tow trucks, AND the old Emerson radio, My mom had one like that in her kitchen!!!:thumbsup:
Funny! That's why I bought it. My mom had one just like it in the kitchen too. It was always on and on WGAN 560 AM playing "the hits of today" like the Jackson 5 and CCR.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Nice flea finds, your seller has a lot better deals than the one here. I paid $10 for 3 blackwalls today, and that was after I got him to take $5 off haha.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
I remember WGAN!
WLAM played more of the lounge/exotica/easy listening that my Dad listened to. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
That radio is wicked decent, I love it!!! You sure it's '70s though? It looks older to me.

That #42 Stude Wagonairre is a steal for $3 considering the condition.

Was this the flea mkt just off of 302 in the Westbrook/Windham area?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I remember WGAN!
WLAM played more of the lounge/exotica/easy listening that my Dad listened to. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
That radio is wicked decent, I love it!!! You sure it's '70s though? It looks older to me.

That #42 Stude Wagonairre is a steal for $3 considering the condition.

Was this the flea mkt just off of 302 in the Westbrook/Windham area?
No, I'm not sure it's 70's. Could be earlier. It does need to warm up for a minute or so before you can use it.

Yes, It was the Prides corner Flea Market. You should go check it out. There's one guy there (the one I got the Lesneys and tin cars off) that has a MASSIVE collection of cars. 1000's of new and old, small and large, diecast, tin and plastic. It's overwhelming really. :freak:

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Yeah, that flea mkt is awesome! Especially the guy you mentioned with all the cars, I've gotten a few things from him too.

And that radio is from the '60-ish to '65-ish era.
I can tell by the style and the fact that it takes a minute to warm up means it's tube-fired, and not solid state.
Old tube radios like that have a deeper, richer, warmer sound than the newer solid state radios. Very cool!

Take a peek in the little vent holes in the back, and you'll see the old tubes fire to life slowly. They look sorta like light bulbs.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
I agree with the others I'm glad to hear that the wife is feeling better and like a couple of others I too think your lucky in finding a good dealer with some great prices.

All of them are great finds bro. Great job.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
I was going to make a similar comment that Lummox made about the Studebaker Wagonaire - $3 is a great price. But, (not that it matters) has it been repainted?

So, what station are you listening to? Bet you can pull in a Red Sox game.:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts