Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im getting into brushless lots of interest here i was wondering why the brl only alows novak motors? thanks :thumbsup:

·
leadingedgerccars.com
3,201 Posts
because there support for oval racing is above and beyond.they also stand behind there product and if you have a problem they dont make you feel like a jackass and wait for 3 months for your stuff to get back to ya after repairs.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
were starting alot of brushless out here and we are going to run what ya brung let s see who has what seams kind of weird in racing to only have one motor? wheres the competition?

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Dave,

I personally think it's more about controlling the environment. NOVAK did step up big time to help out the BRL and get B/L racing on the map, but in the future I think we'll see more mfg's allowed...but NOT until they've been track tested and it's proven they are not out of line with the Novaks performance.

I've seen a few responses citing things like: TRINITY was allowed to make FASTER STOCK MOTORS, etc. But, TRINITY's biggest competition was TRINITY. What was the last non EPIC based stock motor that had huge success?

NoVAK set the stage, to which the rest will be measured.

If a NOVAK 10.5 class is created and a "other brand" builds a 10.5 to a different set of standards and runs like a 12.5 or a 8.5 they will not fit within the boundries of the class. I've seen some of the other mfg's. state that if they can't build a SUPERIOR/FASTER product then why build one at all?

I personally hope a set of 'specs' can be put together allowing only ONE type of wind, a basic motor weight, and other restrictions and tolerences as well. I also hope that when these standards are written we can find every possible Bug and Loophole and CLOSE THEM before they are opened. Diameter or Rotor, weight of Rotor, size of wire, sensor vs. non-sensor, etc.

Until then - LOCK OUT ANYTHING ELSE.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well it seams like its a club that does not want to alow other new members in not trying to be a smart ass just trying to see where the trend is going.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
swtour said:
Dave,

I personally think it's more about controlling the environment. NOVAK did step up big time to help out the BRL and get B/L racing on the map, but in the future I think we'll see more mfg's allowed...but NOT until they've been track tested and it's proven they are not out of line with the Novaks performance.

I've seen a few responses citing things like: TRINITY was allowed to make FASTER STOCK MOTORS, etc. But, TRINITY's biggest competition was TRINITY. What was the last non EPIC based stock motor that had huge success?

NoVAK set the stage, to which the rest will be measured.

If a NOVAK 10.5 class is created and a "other brand" builds a 10.5 to a different set of standards and runs like a 12.5 or a 8.5 they will not fit within the boundries of the class. I've seen some of the other mfg's. state that if they can't build a SUPERIOR/FASTER product then why build one at all?

I personally hope a set of 'specs' can be put together allowing only ONE type of wind, a basic motor weight, and other restrictions and tolerences as well. I also hope that when these standards are written we can find every possible Bug and Loophole and CLOSE THEM before they are opened. Diameter or Rotor, weight of Rotor, size of wire, sensor vs. non-sensor, etc.

Until then - LOCK OUT ANYTHING ELSE.
yep i agree on say a can size but for say a mod class as long as the can is the same who cares what go s on underneith?

arent there meters to make sure what guys are running are in spec? a monopoly in racing is not cool :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Part of the popularity is the parity between motors! Everyone wants the motors to be the same speed and that is what has people excited about brushless.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
dave w 1 said:
yep i agree on say a can size but for say a mod class as long as the can is the same who cares what go s on underneith?

arent there meters to make sure what guys are running are in spec? a monopoly in racing is not cool :thumbsup:
Mod should be just that whatever you want! I and most were speaking of 13.5 and 10.5 classes that are based on a specific motor.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
do you think if out here we went with brl rules that other s will be aloud once the are deamed on par?

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Sonny has stated multiple times that the Novak motors will be the ONLY motors for the forseeable future. As it should be.

If you look around a little bit you'll see this has been brought up several times.

To be honest this a mute point. There are no other motors on the market that are built to the same specs as the Novaks. I haven't heard anywhere that any of the other companies are interested in doing that either. There is zero incentive for them to bother.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
why dont you think there is incentive for them? there are other companys coming in to the market place. other competition is better for everyone keeps them on there toes .

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I agree with Pat, I also think that there is no benefit to the racers if other manufacturers are allowed, you know the mentality, a new motor of the week club, and then it becomes very expensive.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hmmm but what abought factory guys who want to race brushless you are not allowing competition to come in? okay i see the point in say 13.5 maybe even 4300 but guys like phil marebela and such cant and wont race arent we closing the door to them?

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
any time there has been anykind of spec racing over the years the series has failed because racers are exactly that racers always looking for that little bit more id like to see a pro class opened up and lets see who has what novak lrp or whoever? again thanks for replys :thumbsup:

·
Registered
572 Posts
I beleive that in 13.5 and 4300 it should be one motor keep it simple. For 19T most places use one motor (ultrabird, komodo) Look what happened when the handwound 19t came out there was a drop in racers in that class. However for mod there should be some type of specs and let any manufacture compete within those rules. That is how it curently is in brushed racing.

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
dave w1 here is a quick cut & paste from another post I made a few weeks ago. I think it pretty much sums up the info your looking for.

I’ve also been informed ROAR is going to update there Brushless rules package and only allow Sensored systems. As you know LRP and Novak have system that currently qualify and one other major manufacturer will have a system that meets this guideline in the near future. ROAR is also developing a rules package for the 13.5 class. This should allow more manufacturers to play in this market.
From the BRL stand point I will say this again we are staying exclusively with the Novak 13.5 &10.5(4300) motors. I feel allowing other motors would likely only drive the cost up and NOT make for better competition. We have a proven motor package that works and I do not see the need to change.

One other item. I don’t know what the exact dollar figure is but I would have to say the amount of support Novak has shown to the oval community over the last couple of years in the form of race sponsorship and prizes for the BRL, ARCOR , ROAR, Snowbirds, or local events would be the highest of any company in the oval market. Just something to think about next time you're looking at an ESC.

We do have a Mod class that allows Novak and LRP motors and has rules in place to allow other systems in the future.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
roar is not going to alow only sensored motors dont know who started that rumor but its false thanks for the clarification

1 - 20 of 126 Posts