Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp, now live and running until Thursday, September 23rd! Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought myself one of the Rat Rods ('39 Chev Sedan Delivery with the Speed Shop decals) and I really like the detail in the car. I checked out Jada's website and all I could find in any of their series is a Dodge Ram in what I think is the Dubs series. Anybody know why there aren't any in any other areas? Desotos could be cool in the Rat Rods series as well as some of the Chrysler 300's.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
There are PTCruisers in the current Road Rats series and that new Chrysler Crossfire in the current Dubs series.
I looks (to me) Jada only had rights to do GM cars for the first few years, now we will see more and more Mopar and Ford/Lincoln-Merc models in the future I hope, and Old Skool Packard Carribian or Lincoln Mark II would be nice to see!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah. I remember now a friend of mine telling me that DC got pretty greedy over the price on any Mopar name. Maybe that's the reason. It's not that I don't like the other cars in the series but I'd like to see a little variation from GM's.

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
I kno it's not what u mean't when u said MOPAR, but just saw today...

2 new 1/24ths.... a blue and a red Dub City Chrysler Town and Country Minivan!:lol:

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pablodragon said:
I kno it's not what u mean't when u said MOPAR, but just saw today...

2 new 1/24ths.... a blue and a red Dub City Chrysler Town and Country Minivan!:lol:
Ouch :( I don't even count that PT Crusier as a Mopar. A NEW PT as a Rat Rod? I mean, come on.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I think Chrysler makes diecast companies do the PT casting, Muscle Machines has one, JL did a PT series, its likes they say if you want to do Cudas and Road Runners you HAVE to do PTs and XXXX. The only peg warmer Jadas in my area are the PTs....and Muscle Machines PTs .... and JLs PTs .....

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
32lowboy said:
I think Chrysler makes diecast companies do the PT casting, Muscle Machines has one, JL did a PT series, its likes they say if you want to do Cudas and Road Runners you HAVE to do PTs and XXXX. The only peg warmer Jadas in my area are the PTs....and Muscle Machines PTs .... and JLs PTs .....
That could be. Even the company that makes the Pepsi cars (Maisto maybe?) has one. There has to be at least 15 of those at every Wal-Mart here.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yes Jada was required to do the PT as well as the T&C Van inorder to do other castings. Be patient, you'll see some more Mopar in the very near future... Jae

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
ruckapitbridge said:
I'd like to see a Jeep myself.
Me too..! some new Libertys..Grand Cherokees and the TJ....
and maybe VTEC....the new Hondas including the CRV, Pilot and to be introduced in the Spring...the new Ridgeline...! :thumbsup: looking forward to driving that one..

Mopar man...love the 70 Cuda..the new Jada BTM series has 2 really nice Cudas ...a yellow and a green...and other mopars in the series....nice 1/64 scale cars...check them out..! there are some larger scale coming out..

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have bought the 1/24th scale 2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 by Maisto. Not to everyone's liking but for me, it is nice to compare the design details next the imports likes of a Honda Civic that I have in the same scale.

Steve

·
Registered
243 Posts
I will have to look into getting that 300C in 1/24th scale. I really am not a fan of the big DUB wheels on cars like the 300C but it gives me a nice line of the design changes on the mopar front over time. Nice to see something besides Chevys coming in die cast as far a domestic cars go. :)

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
stevbike said:
I have bought the 1/24th scale 2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 by Maisto. Not to everyone's liking but for me, it is nice to compare the design details next the imports likes of a Honda Civic that I have in the same scale.

Steve
Hey, what is the SRT! id like to get some of these?? where ya find em, got a pic?
send me e-mail too if ya could
[email protected]

www.moparmarc.com

1 - 20 of 21 Posts