Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is the Science Fiction Modeling Forum way down the list?
Its even below Model lighting, Sci-Fi & Fantasy discussion, Model cars and ( the one I can't understand at all ) Model Railroading???

I know it may seem nit picky but its an older thread than Lighting and the discussion forums?

I deserves its proper place here! Can I get a hurumph!?

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
I do not think it really matter in which order the forums are listed.
I do think possibly a forum should be started for off topic subjects. There are a number of threads involving people having illnesses- it is good to ba able to post about non-model realted issues at times, but mixing it in with dedicated forums is a little strange. Starship Modeler has a 'Thunderdome' forum for things like that. They do restrict access toit (simple registration) because some members are young and adult subjects are brought up, but it does allow members to talk about things and get advice for the parts of lifew which do not involve models.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,281 Posts
Meh. I know where to look for it, so I don't care. I alway know where my underwear is in the morning 'cause I always throw it in the same place every night.

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
I believe that information such as tips and tricks should be accessible to everyone and not have to register to read.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I suppose it would make more sense if the forums were listed alphabetically, or chronologically in order of creation date. But I really haven't given the matter too much thought.
Meh. I know where to look for it, so I don't care. I alway know where my underwear is in the morning 'cause I always throw it in the same place every night.
I'm really not interested in your underwear -- unless you're planning to turn a pair of them into a starship. :tongue:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I suppose it would make more sense if the forums were listed alphabetically, or chronologically in order of creation date. But I really haven't given the matter too much thought.I'm really not interested in your underwear -- unless you're planning to turn a pair of them into a starship. :tongue:

PLEASE, don't give him any ideas!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Yeah, I usually spend 10 minutes reading posts in the movie section before I realise I'm in the wrong forum bit!

steve

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Ew! :freak:

Thanks for one of the most disgusting mental images to enter my mind in the last two or three months, ya'll! :(

:p

But seriously, it's a pretty disgusting mental image, tho not 'cause it's JohnP - just the idea of unnerwears that you throw in da cornor before you wear 'em again. That's why you buy the really cheap ones at WallyWorld. You just take 'em off, throw 'em in the trash and then take a new pair outta th' drawer. :D

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
this is why I go commando. Sure the zipper is like a cheese grater on your bits and pieces but otherwise, the feeling is liberating.

reminds me of my coleslaw wrestling days...

you read it. you can't un-read it!

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I know it may seem nit picky...
Must not be too hard to find, it's right there on the same page as all the other forums mentioned. I think everone should pretty much know where to find it without any problems. I like to read something form almost all the forums regardless what order they'er in.

hal9001-

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OMG! My post has turned into a topic about underwear and dangly bits! LOL!!!

It's not a matter of knowing where it is or knowing how to read...its the bloody principal!

.....and here I am going on like a mad man when I just told a buddy the other day that women tend to be more symbolic about things then men :rolleyes:....hehehehe.

For the record....its ok to ware yours for two days then turn them inside out and get two more! :freak::tongue:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
It's not a matter of knowing where it is or knowing how to read...its the bloody principal!
Prin´ci•ple (n.):

1. A basic truth, law, or assumption: the principles of democracy.

2. A rule or standard, especially of good behavior: a man of principle.

3. A fixed or predetermined policy or mode of action.

4. A basic or essential quality or element determining intrinsic nature or characteristic behavior: the principle of self-preservation.

5. A rule or law concerning the functioning of natural phenomena or mechanical processes: the principle of jet propulsion.

Prin´ci•pal (n.)

1. The amount borrowed, or the part of the amount borrowed which remains unpaid (excluding interest).

2. The part of a monthly payment that reduces the outstanding balance of a mortgage.

3. The original investment.

4. The entity on whose behalf an agent acts.

5. An important company executive, or the chief administrator of a primary or secondary school.

6. (adj.) Chief, main, or leading.
.....and here I am going on like a mad man when I just told a buddy the other day that women tend to be more symbolic about things then men :rolleyes:....hehehehe.
Women tend to be more symbolic? Hell, it's mostly men who have the fraternal organizations with the rituals, the initiation rites, the secret handshakes, and "Thank you, sir, may I have another?"

1 - 20 of 48 Posts