Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PM selling out,and lots of people losing jobs is a sad thing but TRU shutting down and lots of people losing jobs is reason to celebrate?

I know out of all the TRU's and all the people here who shop there, some of you must have run across sales clerks who would help you out, tell you if they knew about new releases, maybe even check in the back to see if any JL's came in??? At my local one the management and a couple employees are corrupt but there are some good people. It can't be just at my store can it?

And I'm not talking about employees helping by "giving backroom deals or insider information" I just mean helpful employees, the same as the PM people.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
I was thinking the same thing Pony, but did not want to create a Flame War. As I do believe that those BB Members are not actually rejoicing at the thought of people loosing thier jobs. They are just sick of the corrupt ways of the certain employees that use thier jobs to bypass the whole Chase Programs of toys.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hoosier-lightning said:
They are just sick of the corrupt ways of the certain employees that use thier jobs to bypass the whole Chase Programs of toys.
and they think there weren't any of them at PM??? A company that big is bound to have a few!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I see what you mean Pony and I'm sure that those employees that treated other members of this board really bad are the ones people are referring to.
I can see why some people would love to see TRU fall on its face becasue they used to be King of the Hill in the Toy Department and now that the other Competitors are coming with better prices, People naturally like to see the king get knocked down, but I think that its just a perception.
Personnally I would like to see Wally World slow its monopolizing of the retail stores. At the rate WM is growing, there won't be any competition because they will have run the others out of business.
Then we will be stuck with what ever WM chooses us to have. I really don't like this idea.
Richard

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
SO, I ASK. IF WALMART CAN DO IT. WHY CAN'T THE OTHER LARGE RETAILER'S DO IT ?

Personnally I would like to see Wally World slow its monopolizing of the retail stores. At the rate WM is growing, there won't be any competition because they will have run the others out of business.:confused:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Walmart is not going to rule the world.We as a people are fickle and bore easily.They will have thier run and be replaced someday too.Remember Woolworth's,Macy's,Kmart(in thier prime),Lionel Playworld(wish they were still around),Sears is a shadow of it's former days......get my drift?Nothing lasts forever.I don't see the market going without a retail toy chain for too long.There's money in it if you don't alienate your year-round customers and let your employees act like they were appointed by God himself to decide who is worthy of thier product.A new chain or incarnation will arise to replace TRU and Walmart too....someday.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Pony said:
PM selling out,and lots of people losing jobs is a sad thing but TRU shutting down and lots of people losing jobs is reason to celebrate?

I know out of all the TRU's and all the people here who shop there, some of you must have run across sales clerks who would help you out, tell you if they knew about new releases, maybe even check in the back to see if any JL's came in??? At my local one the management and a couple employees are corrupt but there are some good people. It can't be just at my store can it?

And I'm not talking about employees helping by "giving backroom deals or insider information" I just mean helpful employees, the same as the PM people.

Nope, never.I can honestly say that I never once saw a TRU employee go out of their way to be either friendly or helpful to me. Sorry. It's that way in many big chains. That being said, I don't rejoice in anyone losing their jobs, but this scenario is not nearly the same thing as a merger/acquisition.

And don't worry about WalMart becoming a monopoly .... there's always going to be a number two gunning after number onre in a free economic system. Some company will sooner or later emerge to go after that market... it's too big of a market not to!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts