Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
M2 obviously does an excellent job of researching factory options, packages and all the little details that set these little models apart in the 1:64 scale arena. They have done a special edition Mustang in the past with the 1970 Twister Special. Its an awesome piece.

Now, the M2 '67/'68 Mustang casting offers a lot of opportunity for M2 to put out some more cool special editions Stangs.

The 1968 California Special or GT/CS is probably the best known, however, there were several other special editions during these two years including:

1966/1967/1968 High Country Special (Denver area)
1967 Ski Country Special (Denver area)
1967 Lone Star Special (Dallas area)
1968 Golden Nugget Special (Pacific Northwest)
1968 Cardinal Edition (North Carolina and Virginia)

I'd also like to see a 1968 GT with the Cobra Jet option and the black stripe on the hood.

Hey, a guy can hope.... right?

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Yeah with a little fiddling M2 could get a lot out of this casting

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
It sounds like what you are suggesting only requires changes to tampos and NOT retooling castings. Seems any diecast company would want to get the most out of a casting in order to recoup the cost of creating one.
BTW, never heard of the special editions you listed so I would be curious to see them done, too. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
436 Posts
We also have a version of the '68 Mustang fastback with a straight 6 cylinder engine and front bench seat. '68 was the first year for the bench seat in a Mustang fastback.

Thanks,
Sean

·
Registered
520 Posts
Now, the M2 '67/'68 Mustang casting offers a lot of opportunity for M2 to put out some more cool special editions Stangs.

The 1968 California Special or GT/CS is probably the best known, however, there were several other special editions during these two years including:

1966/1967/1968 High Country Special (Denver area)
1967 Lone Star Special (Dallas area)
Greenlight has done the above and it's one of their better efforts. Just passing the word along in case you were unaware of this... :wave:

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
I think M2 has done glamour boats much better than Mustangs/Cougars.
But whatever they can do cheaply to get extra mileage out of a casting - beyond a basic recolor, is a good thing.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Greenlight has done the above and it's one of their better efforts. Just passing the word along in case you were unaware of this... :wave:
I do have these, but thanks for the heads up anyway. You never know what goodies are out there that you don't know about.:wave:

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
It sounds like what you are suggesting only requires changes to tampos and NOT retooling castings. Seems any diecast company would want to get the most out of a casting in order to recoup the cost of creating one.
BTW, never heard of the special editions you listed so I would be curious to see them done, too. :thumbsup:
Some slight retooling may be required.... or just additions to the current cast. For example the '68 GT/CS and HCS had some body parts from the Shelby parts bin. Some of the others would just need luggage racks, ski racks, etc.

sean72 said:
We also have a version of the '68 Mustang fastback with a straight 6 cylinder engine and front bench seat. '68 was the first year for the bench seat in a Mustang fastback.
Sean, by saying "also" does that mean we may see some of these in addition to the fastback mustang with the bench seat?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts