Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hot Wheels has made thousands of cars, tons of made up cars and concepts, and lots of firebirds, but why have they skipped the 1998 thru 2002 body style Pontiac Firebird Trans Am???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
WLCollector said:
Hot Wheels has made thousands of cars, tons of made up cars and concepts, and lots of firebirds, but why have they skipped the 1998 thru 2002 body style Pontiac Firebird Trans Am???
i dont know, thats my favorite kind of Firebird!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,345 Posts
Probably haven't had enough demand for one, and/or they haven't been willing to invest in the licensing and tooling to make one yet. I know I'd love to see one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Each year Ive been waiting and nothing. And its killing me. I see they made the new concept camaro but no 98-02 firebird...what the heck man.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
793 Posts
WLCollector, If you can find an answer then maybe you can find out why JL never put out a 82-92 Firebird/Trans Am/GTA?

I know I would buy a bunch as well as a bunch of HW's 98-02 Birds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,810 Posts
Well,HW hasn't made an '98-02 Camaro either,sucks...:cry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
793 Posts
Diecast Camaro Collector said:
Well,HW hasn't made an '98-02 Camaro either,sucks...:cry:
I think thats because the only major difference between the 93-97 and 98-02 is the nose and Mattel probably doesnt want to invest the money into new molds and rites from GM to produse a casting thats not much different from one they already have.

That would be my guess.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,810 Posts
97XR7 said:
I think thats because the only major difference between the 93-97 and 98-02 is the nose and Mattel probably doesnt want to invest the money into new molds and rites from GM to produse a casting thats not much different from one they already have.

That would be my guess.
Same thing applies to the Firebird/Trans Am but it still sucks that they didn't make one.

btw..JL made both the 93-97 and 98-02 Fbody castings so HW should have been able to do the same,GM rights or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
There is a Matchbox cast of the 98-02 Camaro. I know I have one in black from a two car set like old & new... I haven't seen another and that set does not go cheap on e Pya. If I can find an auction I'll post a link or "borrow" the pic. At least that mold should be owned by Mattel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Here is the black SS. Item # 130076801232
I guess they made it in blue too in the superfast asst.
That still doen't get us a firebird/Trans Am though does it. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
no it sure doesn't. And I cant see those camaros good enough to tell the year. I know New Ray has a 1:32 scale 1998 Firebird (so its says) b/c its really a 95-97 WS6.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top