Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Johnny Lightnings in general are hard to find because it seems most cars are only 1 per case, and each store seems to only receive 1 case every month or two. And then there is people like me who buy up all of any particular car they like so no one else can find them... (but it wasn't me buying up that car, honest!)

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
The most recent release of one came last year in the 6th release of the 2.0 series. You might find one on an OLD site or somewhere on the secondary market. The raw one you have pictured is probably the rarest one.

·
Registered
222 Posts
They are hard to find because... At the time, JL is the only one who produced them, and the only ever done in 1/64 scale. There were only about 4000 made with nearly 20,000 people wanting them. The only other casting of that year was a 1/24 scale resin body casting for plastic modelers to build them.

To top that off, There were Olds lovers that wanted several duplicates. I remember when they first came out, I was at toy show and had seen them on my favorite seller's table. The man in front of me had purchased all 12 the seller had. I had to wait for him to get his next order in for me to get one.

Then... a few years ago, people who worked at Olds dealerships had purchased lots of them, because Oldsmobile was being deleted from GM's line-up. That was last I ever saw of those castings.

A seller I dealt with in the past, may have 1 or 2. A few year ago he was buying collections. Ask for Don, 419-882-9203. I believe he closed his store, and is selling all remaining items at toy shows. If he's got them, he's very trustworthy and will get it to you asap.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Where's the unpainted one from? Never seen that before.

That's one of those castings where no matter what series it is from...people are going to snag it every single one they see up. I know I did back when the Classic Gold H/O was released

1 - 13 of 13 Posts