Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious as I have allot of time on my hands and I could probably do an Fairly simple and Cheap (budget wise) Tutorial on how to build an Death Star.

I am also in the Prototyping phase of making the Model so...

Who ever would like the Tutorial please post in here.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Let's see it. Is it using the AMT model and some fiber optics? I gave one to my wife a few years back and would like to see what you come up with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let's see it. Is it using the AMT model and some fiber optics? I gave one to my wife a few years back and would like to see what you come up with.
Well I am making one From Scratch and I am trying out a few different things

1. Styrofoam - Found out that this is Extremely Easy to work with Plus Making an Wooden Hex Stand is Very Easy to do if you have an Dremel Just put an Rod through the bottom secure it into the Wooden Base then Start working.

The only Down side about Styrofoam is that It breaks very easily and I found out the Hard Way that oil based paints don't mix with it... Yes My First Death Star Melted... But Acrylics are ok with it. I should Be done in an Few days with it.

I'll Try and upload some pics I am missing My Digital camera's USB Cord so I can't Charge it. So As soon as i Find it I will Upload some Pics.

But in the mean time i can Give you the supplies and Stuff I am making this with.

1.Screws and Wood: The Screws are Used to hold the Sphere in place with the Piece of wood. (It is Preferable that you Choose an semi-high quallity wood)

2. An Blank 16 inch Sphere, Preferably Styrofoam or hollow Plastic.

3. Acrylic Spray Paints (Grey and Dark Grey) DO NOT USE OIL PAINTS! This Will MELT THE Styrofoam SHPERE

4. Painters Tape (Just to give it that Look from the Death Star From the Movies)

5. A place to work (Preferably some place well ventilated and Away from other just so you do not disturb them)

6. INTERNET!!!! Research is key to Getting your model to look half way decent that and Some experience. Here is the Website you will visit to do your research on the Death Star (This website Contains ALLOT of information on the death stars 1 & 2)

7. A Sharp Scoring knife: This will be used to make the Super Laser Dish. (Don’t Like using Sharp objects use an Funnel) This is also Used to make the Various trenches along the Death stars Surface.

8. A few Sheets of Card Stock: This will be for the Super Laser Dish. (Plastic Only)
9. A Funnel: This can Also Be used to make the Death Star Super Laser Dish.
(Only With Styrofoam)

More to come...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts