Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Yeah, Caught it a few weeks ago. Now I can't wait to watch when I see a new episode on the DVR. Great show! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I watch the Show but I do not believe he gets the prices he does for some of his Cars he rebuilds..... $35,000 for the Blue Truck that he sold to the couple ??? Yea right :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I have been watching it since the 1st episode. I think there is too much drama and not enough footage of the work going into these rides, but at least it still shows some of the work unlike American Restoration where it is pretty much now all drama and no meat.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yea, He tried to purchase it for what ??? $200,000 ??? Wouldn't even get the body for that... Those cars fetch for close too $500,000 up too $700,000 on a great day
On autotrader classic you can pick one up from $118,000 to $225,000. The lower priced ones probably are not matching numbers.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Been watching it since the beginning. It's entertaining. Believable? Who cares. The show with Elvira was very cool. And she is still HOT!! :eek:

Was not impressed with what they did to that '67 GTO vert that Danny ended up keeping - personal taste anyway.

Horny Mike?? WTF is his deal?? :freak:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Scott I think it is. The tall guy that's always in the office whining about the money.
I have to agree.... That BIG Guy is a little annoying ... Okay, he is alot :D

I am sure it's all for the Camera <<<< Just like how he acted when Elvira came in the Office all Dressed up

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Not only is his voice annoying, so is his attitude. He is pretty free with criticizing, and expressing frustration with, Danny, yet never mentions that Danny signs his pay-checks.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I used to think he was a dope when I saw him on pawn stars. Some of the stuff he would call out and prices he would quote and values just made me call BS a number of times making me question his credentials. The amount he did the jeep cj for was one I recall. I KNOW jeep ls and his resto and cost was ok at best and very high. But hey maybe the market out there is different. Maybe I should bring my jeeps out there and sell em.

I do however enjoy the show. He seems like a cool guy and has an awesome attitude. He doesn't come off as pompous or big headed. Never gets rude when someone won't sell their cars. Just a cool down to earth guy and for that I'll give his show my ratings for the entertainment guy guilty pleasure factor. It's like the housewives of ---insert city here---- for guys.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I used to think he was a dope when I saw him on pawn stars. Some of the stuff he would call out and prices he would quote and values just made me call BS a number of times making me question his credentials. The amount he did the jeep cj for was one I recall. I KNOW jeep ls and his resto and cost was ok at best and very high. But hey maybe the market out there is different. Maybe I should bring my jeeps out there and sell em.

I do however enjoy the show. He seems like a cool guy and has an awesome attitude. He doesn't come off as pompous or big headed. Never gets rude when someone won't sell their cars. Just a cool down to earth guy and for that I'll give his show my ratings for the entertainment guy guilty pleasure factor. It's like the housewives of ---insert city here---- for guys.
Did you see that episode of Pawn Stars where the guy brought in a Porsche engine? The guy kept insulting Danny and Danny just brushed it off. Any other person would have put that guy down on the ground.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts