Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are some wheels I had chromed last week. I am wanting some feedback on who would buy them If they were availible. Let me know and hopefully we will be able to buy them the next time we need wheels and tires.

Thanks

·
Registered
251 Posts
I would be interested for my sprint. Would they be available thru BRP to mount the tires right away and how much a set?? They would look cool on the sprints. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I dont want anything from them. I found the person to do the chroming. But If there is enough interest then I am going to hook Todd up with the chromer. That way when you order tires you can just tell Todd if you want black or chrome. I just thought it would be nice to have an option. I really wish I could show them in person. The pics just dont do it. I will have them at the Dirt nationals. I dont know how much extra they would be right now but I cant see it being alot. I will have alittle more info on that soon. Just keep the feedback coming and let anyone you know that would be interested to come here and post there comments. This will be how I let Todd see the feedback. I will post more soon.

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
just a Q is it actually chrome or is it the painted chrome like all the guys are doing on the crotch rockets both look good and it is hard to tell one from the other

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
True that. I'd get a set, if it dosen't add weight to the wheels. Can't imagine that it does. What is the process for chroming? does he do it with the host and tire already assembled, or do you get the rims and send them to Bishop?

·
Registered
247 Posts
is the chrome just on the outside or all over. if its on the inside the tire /glue will come lose. how many people would blame the mounting.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll try to answer everyones Q's. The chroming is the same way they chrome the wheels for the smaller scale cars. The wheels will be available through Todd. The plating will not be on the mounting surface of the wheel. I have not weighed the wheels with the chrome versus the wheels without it but I am sure there is not much added weight.

How this came about was. I wanted a set of chrome wheels for a Oswego style super modified I am building. I wanted to drive it but all I have is a set of aluminum centerline wheels. I did'nt want to tear up my nice wheels. Since no one offers wheels in chrome I decided to find someone that can chrome plastics. He is a very respected manufacturer in the hobby. He said he would help out as best he could and he delivered on that promise. So now that we have seen what they look like I am going to hook him up with Todd so that they can work out the details. Then when you order tires Todd can ask you If you want black or chrome. :) I just wanted people to have an option.

So keep coming with the feedback because that is what Todd is going to be looking at when the time comes. If there is no interest then there is no reason for him to mess with it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Chrome Wheels

Big Maestro Whos Doing The Chrome I Found A Company Called Chrome Solutions Because I Wanted Some Chromed For My Sprint Car I Sent Them 3 Brand New Tire Rim Setups To Try He Sent Me Pictures Of One He Did Looked Okay Then I Never Heard From Him Again Now Im Out 150.00 His Name Was Jason From Chrome Solutions So Thats Why I Ask Now Im Leary I Want Some Done Though This Place Has A Web Site And 2 Places Of Business Ive Emailed Them Alot No Responce Jackassses There Lucky There In Another State Let Me Know Whos Doing This Thanks Harry Sheldon

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Harry, I am sorry that happened to you. That really sucks.

This is not the same people. This company is in the R/C car business. I cannot give that info right now. When Todd works out what they need to work out then I am sure it will be known then. But I can assure you it's not your guy. Maybe he did that to someone who does'nt live in another state. :mad:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Iwant Some I Have A Predator Sprint I Had It All Powderoated Candy Blue Looks Nice Made Driver And Everything Looks Good But These Chrome Wheels Would Set This Off. The Black Wheels Look Crappy .i Want These. I Bought Some Of This Chrome Stuff From Alsa Comp Killer Chrome Cans But Its Been To Cold To Try Thats Why I Was Looking For Someone To Chrome These For Me Somebody That New How To Spray This Stuff .i Thought I Found Someone. I Was Nice To Them To .just Wanted My Wheels Back Or Job Finished But Just Ripped Off .anyway Is This Company Rpm.

·
Registered
247 Posts
that sounds great
I remember bolink chrome rims for the legend car
it was all chrome , wasn't long and off came the tire

1 - 20 of 75 Posts