Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking out the modeling forums looking for tips and ideas and I ran across this promo.

http://www.gomotorbids.com/Promo_HemiEngine.cfm?Lot_ID=854804&Loc=120

I just signed up and ordered mine. It doesn't look like the best quality and it's only 1/18 scale, but hey it's free. Alot of people at the forum have already recieved there Hemi's so it's no joke. Just register. Go to checkout and the item is automaticly placed in your cart completely free of cost including shipping. Be fast. I can't say how long it's gonna last.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Thanks for the heads up here on the diecast boards GH. Of course this kind of offer really screws the already member. Ah well, the smell of progress....forget the people that brought you here and covet the ones yet to come!

Wow, and I did'ent want the motor anyway! Just think how I would have reacted if they had something I really wanted?

But in all seriousness, thanks for the link.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Am I to understand that you were already a member, Ward. If so sorry buddy. That does suck. Your really gonna hate me when I tell you that they seem to be substituting the Hemi for a Ford 427 cammer with some people.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the freebee. I hope they don't do the swap with me. Still, free is free. I don't think I have that Ford cammer engine, either. I have a hemi but with chrome valve covers.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Am I to understand that you were already a member, Ward. If so sorry buddy. That does suck. Your really gonna hate me when I tell you that they seem to be substituting the Hemi for a Ford 427 cammer with some people.
NOOOOOOO!:p

Just my luck! Yep, I am a member, but seldom buy from there. I guess I'm the reason they decided to make the offer in the first place!:)

·
Registered
764 Posts
I'm already a member too. When I signed up I got free shipping on my first order. That was more than $40, and since I'm not a mopar fan, I think I got the better deal.

THANKS for sharing the link though:thumbsup:

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Heres a few pics someone posted of the actual hemi motor they received. No, nothing turns on the motor and there is no wireing or fan belt, but with a little customizing it should make a nice little display piece, or even a new motor for any of you guys out there with 1/18 die cast mopars. Also don't expect your motor anytime soon. If you read the fine print it looks to take 4 to 6 weeks to recieve if thats all you oredered from them.

Ward, I'll tell you what. If they send me a cammer it's yours. The cammer sounds nice but I really wanted the Hemi.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Thanks for the link, what an awesome deal especially for a Mopar fan! :thumbsup:

I hope that this comes soon so I can put it with my 1:6 scale Testors HEMI. :)

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I signed up but did not read it till now. Good thing because you have to check out. Took a look around and some neat stuff on there just wish I had disposable $$.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I'll Bite....

Thanks Troy, I registered..I'm into most of thier categories, and frequently shop online model supplies and projects for customizing.

Good link my friend.

Jeff Fleetwood

·
Registered
8,445 Posts
Very cool indeed !!! But I'll have to pass, I have toooooo much stuff now as it is... I'm not a Mopar Nut, I really like them though, so I'll let mine go on to a real Mopar lover !!!
Thanks for the link !!!

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
I signed up. Nothing wrong with adding a new site to shop from.
Thanks!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, my Hemi came in the mail today. I was shocked by the speed in wich I got it (3 days) after reading that it would take 4 to 6 weeks. Like I stated earlier nothing spins, not even the fan. The pulleys don't seem to line up very well either so adding a belt will take a little bit of refitting. I'm also a little surprised of the heft of the motor, it's got a bit of weight to it. All in alll I can't complain considering it's cost and it does look pretty nice sitting next to my mopars :)

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Well, my Hemi came in the mail today. I was shocked by the speed in wich I got it (3 days) after reading that it would take 4 to 6 weeks. Like I stated earlier nothing spins, not even the fan. The pulleys don't seem to line up very well either so adding a belt will take a little bit of refitting. I'm also a little surprised of the heft of the motor, it's got a bit of weight to it. All in alll I can't complain considering it's cost and it does look pretty nice sitting next to my mopars :)
Yep this came fast mine was 3 days also...Some pics...

·
Robot Elder
507 Posts
Thanks for the link,,
Just ordered mine.... with some custom work, should be a nice looking piece to add to the shelf..
CJ

1 - 20 of 29 Posts