Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
My dream kit of the Batmobile would be a 1/8 scale like the Monogram/Revell Corvette kits that have been around since the 70's.

I certainly wouldn't scoff at a 1/6 scale replica, though. A few details look off on the prototype, but I'm sure they'll be addressed before general release.

·
Banned
2,726 Posts
My dream kit of the Batmobile would be a 1/8 scale like the Monogram/Revell Corvette kits that have been around since the 70's.

I certainly wouldn't scoff at a 1/6 scale replica, though. A few details look off on the prototype, but I'm sure they'll be addressed before general release.
It's all the crap that Barris put on the car when he got it back.........

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Must? MY SOUTHERN BORDER !!!!!!!!!!!!

Anything from Sideshow is way overpriced. I refuse to pay 700.00 to 800.00 for a pre-assembled toy.

You folks are insane to consider it.......or you have more money than brain cells.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
1966 was a great year for both starships and batmobiles.

A licensed, full-size replica of the '66 Batmobile costs in excess of $150,000.
At 1/6 scale, the Hot Toys replica at about $700 works out proportionately in price.

Since I unfortunately posses more brain cells than dollars, I'll have to take the insanity plea. :)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hope Round 2 is negotiating for Captain Action Batman Costumes to match all of them.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Hope Round 2 is negotiating for Captain Action Batman Costumes to match all of them.
Yes, they said they are looking into it.

And possibly a no frills basic 1/6 Batmobile. Depends on the costs of molds but I think if they make a CA Batman, he needs a car. Plus a lower price appeals to those who can't afford Hot Toys.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
This would have been the best toy ever back in the day, beating anything G.I. Joe had to offer. Except maybe the Mercury Capsule. With record.

·
Registered
349 Posts
As well as model building, I am a collector of high end collectibles. Yes, I have the Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler which is huge, and I hope to get the Batmobiles, but you should see what they have planned for future 1/6 scale releases:

This would certainly end in divorce if I got all of these, especially "the Bat", it will be so big (and expensive), l would need a whole new room for it. :tongue:

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Found on Amazon.com, read and heed!

"I've always been a fan of Hot Toys. They make the best 1/6 scale figs. out there. I decided to buy the batmobile. Not the best choice.

Upon opening the box, it looks fantastic. The quality of materials chosen is the problem. It's all plastic. It feels like a toy. The delicate pieces, for the adjustable rear flaps came broken. The glue they used, left a white haze on lots of the body panels. Which I had to wipe off. The retractible roof is flimsy. The magnet in the roof panel came unglued upon 1st use. One of the led's did not light up. The "steering wheel" is loose and not very sturdy.

It is packed poorly. There is not enough padding on vehicle in the box. Part of the packing material rubs directly on the top of vehicle leaving 2 shiny worn places which cannot be rubbed out.

Hot toys has expertise in the field of 12 inch figures. Probably the best in the business. They just don't have enough experience making vehicles to have attempted such a feat.

For $450.00, there should be only minor quality issues. Flimsy parts, tiny plastic peices broken, parts coming unglued, shoddy flimsy steering wheel, lights that won't burn, and white film on body panels is something that should not be found on a product in this price range.

My advice, go buy a 1/18 scale batmobile.

Of course you may not have the same kinds of problems, but is it worth risking? This is going back to Amazon for a refund. "- Mr T

"I LOOOOVE the new batmobile-It's absolutely unique and has a real world, functional realism that the designs over the last 70(!!!) years have lacked. I was estatic when I learned that HOT TOYS was going to release one. I was willing to pay any amount for it and was overjoyed when it was to retail for only about 400 bucks. The photos also looked good. I was ready. Upon receiving it, I was disappointed that it still had some serious detail issues-especially regarding the front end. (1). The front windshield architecture is COMPLETELY wrong. It actually has 3 sections and is somewhat pyramidal in shape-not flat the way Hot Toys made it. This faux pas is the most egregious one committed and totally messes up the car. Why it was made this way is a mystery as the correct shape would not interfere with the roof's opening mechanism. How would I know this you ask-because I scratch built a correctly shaped replacement windshield and it actually has more clearance than the one provided. (2). The entire behind-front-wheels suspension assembly was ommitted-again, a faux pas with no reasonable explanation. (3). The rear wheels are painted incorrectly. The 'flange' or outer border should also be painted (flat) black as should much of the inner wheel. (4). Two small hanging bits of detail are missing on the roof's 'light bar'. I'm not sure what they are-spotlights or some kind of sensors-but, they are missing. Finally, the rear pyrimidal area of the 'battle pod' is located too far forward and doesn't have the tunnel in which Batman can lay. It is possible to correct most of these problems oneself-but why should you have to-especially at this price point. Nice first try Hot Toys. But if you can put even the most minute of details on your action figures, why can't you get the detail right on a piece as big as the Batmobile? Please try again." - K Moore

·
Registered
349 Posts
^ I know you want to make people aware of quality control issues with Hot Toys, heck I am the first to admit that they have had a few, but the batmobile you mentioned here is the first ever vehicle they produced and of course it had teething problems from the get go.
For people who want to spend this amount of money on these things should research before buying. That has always been my motto. Don't go in on a whim.
Having said that, I did read about the problems with the Tumbler but I also saw that some people had no issues, so since I really wanted one - I bit the bullet - and ordered.
I was one of the lucky ones and had no problems stated above with mine.
Since then Hot Toys has improved their packaging, and their products have improved as well.
So what I am saying is that Hot Toys has improved since then, but always read reviews before spending that amount of money.
For a look at one of their latest vehicles, check out http://www.youtube.com/user/Kidulttoyshop?feature=watch for the Hot toys Sam Flynn Lightcycle, it is one amazing piece of engineering.

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
The shipping issues aside (broken parts), my concern is more the accuracy issues for something in this scale. I have had similar issues with BBI and 21st Century toys 1/18 scale military aircraft. The above reviews do fault these toys, and at between $499.00 to $899.00 US dollars each depending where you buy it , I agree with the folks in the reviews. At 1/6th scale the manufactures had better make every effort to get ACCURACY right. There is NO excuse at this scale or PRICE !

DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU BUY ! BUYER BEWARE !

This has been a Public Service announcement by the Coalition To Instill Sanity In Big Boy Toys!

·
Oxidation Genius
31,282 Posts
The Tumbler has "real world functional realism"?!?! :freak:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts