Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this came to me by the who the heck are you thread, so who started their rc carear with a tamiya? better yet with a black foot which is what i started with, what a great truck!
mike :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
I started with a rockbuster which is basicaly the same thing as a grasshopper. still have it. atleast 15yrs+ old now

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Road Wizard on a converted go kart track on the side of a hill.Broke a ton of front a arms.Wish Tamiya would bring these back.They we're awesome to race.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Grasshopper! All the rich kids in town had the hornet and I really enjoyed every win the budget car. Racing was much simpler 20 years ago.....

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
while I put rc10l for my first real race car in the other thread, a TAMIYA stryker was my first KIT car...I just didnt/dont consider that a race vehicle.. However I had a ton of fun with it.... I still have it in fact... Back in like 87/88 I used to go watch oval racing.. I asked one of the mod oval racers if they had any motors they would like to sell,,,One of them sold me a 10 turn for 5 bucks... I put that in the tamiya on the street.. Melted the gearing down also melted the plastic in the chassis where the manual servo esc was...LOL... I replaced the chassis but never got around to the gears:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
my first one was a tamiya mudblaster. i've also owned a blackfoot, superblackfoot, midnight pumpkin.

boy was that midnight pumpkin a handful to drive with a 10 turn mod motor in it, LOL!

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
My first car was a Tamiya Fox, took it to the desert twice during the Gulf war! I sure went through a pile of brushes and motors.

·
Registered
219 Posts
One of my "firsts" was a Hornet, was devastated when I broke the chassis until I found out a new one was $8.00! Wow! have times changed!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts