Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, is anyone building anything? I have a few projects but haven't been in my hobby room for some time now. I want to get back to it, Santa just brought me a 1/24th scale 57 Chevy 2 sedan with a flip front end.
I want to start it this coming week (I hope). I also got a 55 Chevy Street Machine. :thumbsup:
Please let me know what your building.

Thanks
Rick

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I have a '70 Mach 1 nearing completion.
and a '70 Ford Torino Cobra 'Twister" just about done.
a '67 GT 500 in the 'just painted', gassing out condition.
oh yeah, a '68 GT 350 that is painted and decaled,

geez, I have alot on my plate!

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Hey Rick, I'm building now. I'm working on completing my Nismo S-tune collection. Car 2 is being worked on right now.
The R33 Skyline Nismo S-Tune. Hope to have it finished by months end. Bang on it all day when I get my days off.
Also have a Ferrari F430 Challenge car I'm slowly whittling away.
Hoping to work on a military subject for the local IPMS show in March.
Able to post pictures? Love to see what you're doing.
Chris

·
Curmudgeon
6,614 Posts
I haven't built a car kit in a long time, but right now I'm working on a Deal's Wheels "Van" kit (if that counts). I never liked the figure that comes with the kit so I'm modifying it a bit, but I've reached a sticking point so I'll have to wait for inspiration to strike before I continue. :p

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I haven't built a car kit in a long time, but right now I'm working on a Deal's Wheels "Van" kit (if that counts).
Sure it counts, And please show us a picture when its finished.
I'd like to see it. and I'm sure most everyone else would too.

·
Curmudgeon
6,614 Posts
Oh, I most definitely will! It'll probably be a while though--my bad back prevents me from sitting or standing for long periods of time, so I'm a rather slow modeler these days. But when it's finished, you'se guys will be among the first to see it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
still working on a super bee, started a 57 chevy & a chevy pickup. which leads to a question. one is molded in black & I want to leave it black, what do I do to leave it in molded color? wet sand & clear coat?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
still working on a super bee, started a 57 chevy & a chevy pickup. which leads to a question. one is molded in black & I want to leave it black, what do I do to leave it in molded color? wet sand & clear coat?
Think of **** Jagger........
Paint it Black.

Your always better off painting it.
even if you just get a dupicolor shaker can and spray it, it will be better off for it.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
I would agree with Chuck.
However, I have seen some great unpainted kits that were just a you suggested. IF the body is swirl free and pretty nice for black kit plastic I would at least give it a try on an inconspicuous spot of the car and see how it looks. Maybe the bottom of passenger side body.
If it is a high gloss injected body it should turn out o.k.
Never hurts to try and see. If it doesn't work you simply primer and paint.
Chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am working on a 65 el camino, a 2004 4x4 ford f-150,a 72 corvette restore and I just started the 72 hurst/olds kit. the el camino is a restore also. Bill

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I am working on a 65 el camino, a 2004 4x4 ford f-150,a 72 corvette restore and I just started the 72 hurst/olds kit. the el camino is a restore also. Bill
Great! I have a '65 El Camino sitting, with a '65 Chevelle and a '65 Chevelle station wagon. one of these days I'll open them up and build a drag team.
I've heard the '72 Hurst / Olds is pretty sweet.
The '72 Corvette sounds interesting, is it an old MPC Annual?

·
Registered
4 Posts
The hurst/olds kit is just awesome! Clean and sharp, very little flash and excellent details. The best that I've seen in some time. The 72 corvette is a revell I believe, I got another off of evil bay for spare parts.
BillK

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
I built this one in the late 80s...

It's so old the white parts are turning yellow... I bought another one off ebay and got it underway... More detail on this one !!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I built this one in the late 80s...

It's so old the white parts are turning yellow... I bought another one off ebay and got it underway... More detail on this one !!!

Awesome build, I especially like the engine detail. Can't wait to see the end result...Thanks for sharing.........BillK

1 - 20 of 28 Posts