Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
White Lightning Registry-Please Read!!!

I was reading someone's complaints about white lightnings.Seems like there's a lot of doubt about the authenticity of PM's clamed production figures lately.
Several times I have heard people say they should number them again and I think that's a great idea,but what's a number on one car really tell you?
I have looked at some of my older WL's and the numbers just raise more questions for me.
-When did PM start/stop numbering them?
-If you have one with a three digit number,all that tells me is there's less than a thousand (hopefully),without seeing the highest number made it tells me nothing.

So anyway,I was wondering if there's ever been an effort to try to document WL's of even one particular car or casting?
A lot of real car models have thier own registry so why not?

In the interest of giving this a test run,I would like to ask that every one who has a particular car take a second and check that little number,let's just see where it goes.

For now the car I'm gonna start with is the Official Pace Cars Challenger.
I know there are two diffirent versions of this car on three diffirent cards,but the white tire ones should be numbered and I have heard there were 75 white hub versions,so how many could there be?

I have-
#062 (Black card)
#508 (Red card)
White hub x1

Please post your number if you have one of the numbered ones and let me know if you have one of the white hub ones while you're at it,I will follow this thread as long as numbers are added and try to compile them in an orderly fashion and publish the list when the reply's slow down (assuming there are any).

Please also include-
Your first name and last initial
The city and state you live in.

P.S. if anybody at PM(former or present) has a hard number for total (regs and whites) production on these that would help too.

Thanks!

·
Stagger, stagger, crawl.
2,945 Posts
I don't have any of the white wheel Challengers but I do have (1/75) one with white hubs.

Maybe one of the MCUSA cars or CCC's would work better?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CTWLSMIKE said:
I don't have a 1/75 Challenger, but I used to. Some guy in Atlanta bought it from me. :D
Well you must know by now it's one of my favorites,thanks Mike,hope you don't miss it too bad.

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
cool said:
Dammitman, Give the Man the Answer!!!QUOTE]

you want answers??,,,,,you want the truth??,,,,YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!,,,,,, :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Please enlighten us dammitman,have you done some research into this?I hear you're the man to talk to.Forgive me for not knowing you better,are you a past/present pm employee or just too curious for your own good also?I just thought it would be interesting to find out how many I could account for and see where in the world they all went to,if it goes well I might even try another casting or two at some point,who knows?...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Sounds like a good experiment. I have none of these, but am interested in seeing the results. I figure a lot of WLs are owned by people who don't visit this site. But, you still may find duplicate #s existing or similar problems.

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
tystik73 said:
Please enlighten us dammitman,have you done some research into this?I hear you're the man to talk to.Forgive me for not knowing you better,are you a past/present pm employee or just too curious for your own good also?I just thought it would be interesting to find out how many I could account for and see where in the world they all went to,if it goes well I might even try another casting or two at some point,who knows?...
yep,,,i was too curious for my own good :lol: years ago when the cars were numbered and it led too
alot of trouble here and there. i was not impressed with the amounts claimed to be made and the amounts made of the wl cars. i went on a mission to obtain as many of a certain 203-04 red 1967 GTO wl car as possible. that led to it costing more and more each time i found one. suffice it to say that there are 300 of that one and i can tell you the quantities made of most of the first couple years of PM wl cars. it really isnt an issue to me anymore as i know it doesnt seem to matter to anyone anyway and my point was well made along time ago. have fun and collect what you like,,,for me that would be a few more of the gto,,,,,:lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts