Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,

This morning I was at Target, and one of the flea market guys was there. We both headed for the Johnny Lightnings, (They were full??!!) I grabbed a Coca Cola '55 Chrysler C-300 white base, white interior, and he grabbed a Shelby Cobra white wheels, white pipes. He saw my Coke car and asked if I wanted to trade for his Shelby. I said I didn't think his was a W/L, but he said it is because of the white wheels/pipes. I ended up not doing the trade, but was wondering if he was actually telling the truth. So, my question... Is the Shelby with the white pipes/white wheels a White Lightning? (It had NO white base or interior)

-John

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks guys. Looks like he was trying to pull a fast one. I'm glad I didn't trade away my first White Lightning... Darn Flea Marketeers... :tongue:

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
I found four of the regular Shelby Cobras returned to Walmart, obviously after the scalper realized they weren't WL's...

I thought it was funny, some dip out there wasting his gas and time running around from store to store gathering them all up, then bringing 'em back when the profit margin disappeared.... :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Man that looks good on the trailer.....Just need a Pearl White Truck to tow it with, what a pic that would be.

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
Yup, he tried to pull a fast one. I'd point that out the next time I see him.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Why bother. Just give him a big grin like the cat that swallowed the canary.
And say nothing. Sometimes silence is golden. In this case "White Lightning" could be deafening from the silence.
And just act innocent.
BYW, congratulations on your acquisition.

Cheers. cobra

1 - 14 of 14 Posts