Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mustang Collector
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking on the bay and I came across this auction. 260090682526.
Why is this item so high? I just purchased the same set with all 5 cars being WL for the same price. Am I missing something that has driven this one so high?

Dazed and Confused. :freak:

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Probably just a few rabid bidders pushing up the price. I traded away a set with 2 WLs in it for a '69 Camaro convertible WL that I could probably get for $10. Seemed like a good deal at the time. :D Seems like you got a good deal on yours. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
You got a great deal on yours then. I see these on there alot for this kind of money. I think they only hit Walmart once, at least around here they hit once. Seems high to me too, but they go for that. Makes me wonder sometimes if I shouldn't dig my 2 or 3 boxes out.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
i never had any luck finding a set with a white lightning but did come across about 50 of these sets at a few walmarts back when they were released. i grabbed a few extras for people that i thought might want them. it turned out that they did not so i figured that i would throw them up on e-bay. i was actually getting $50 + for the regular sets. most were buyers from the UK. i near crapped bricks when i had seen how high they went for. i would have never thought. :freak: i was even just going to list them with a BIN of $12. i would have kicked myself in the butt if i had done so. :)

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Got me. I thought there were a ton of these floating around when they first came out - WL versions for trade - so I'm suprised at the price.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
the gto was lucky to break 25 in that set for a long time

1 - 8 of 8 Posts