Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got The Monster 1940 Ford Pickup (the Mummy)and The Muscle Car 1969 Chevy Camaro Ss.also Picked Up Some Muscle Car I Been Looking .for

·
Registered
999 Posts
I stopped at HL last night that had several inners of new stuff hanging. All the Camaros were gone, but almost all of the other sets were hanging, including (2) Classic Gold 24 Taxi's with tinted windows and white interiors, and a JLPD tow truck with the same treatment.

So, no Caramos, but three whites. I did a little dance (it's not pretty).

Mike

·
Registered
738 Posts
I find that a lot of people still miss whites because they think "white wheels, white bottom". At least this is what I hear from a lot of folks on the hunt. I tell them they need to do their homework by either going on Ebay or to places like Lightning Lane to see what the different WL's look like. When I get a definite scalper ask me how do you tell a WL I tell them... well, I guess I really can't use language like that hear but you get the point.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
I got the '69 Camaro WL from Muscle Cars also. I also found the Hurst Olds, Taxi and '94 Camaro, all WLs from Classic Gold and the Impala WL from Chevy Thunder and Torino WL from Coca-Cola. Found these 6 at 3 HLs. It seems to me the % must have been increased. as it seems alot of them have been showing up.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i WENT TODAY, SAW 4 CASES ON THE FLOOR , (ALREADY OPENED) SO I WENT THROUGH AND GOT SECONDS, ---lIKE ALWAYS--- i PICKED OUT TWO vW , mONSTER, bUS, aND BUG!! tHEN AS I WAS LEAVING I WALKED DOWNTHE END OF AISLE AND 3 BOXS WERE SITTING THERE (SEALED) i WENT THROUGH THEM AND PLUCKED OUT THE ((muscle car)) 1969 cAMARO SS,,,, tHE FIRST TIME I EVER FOUND ONE AT HL... tHANKS ALOT hl.............. ALSO GOT THE 10TH ANNIVERSARY DUSTER AT BIGGGS!!!

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I can't wait for new stuff to start showing up around here. The walmart my my house is the only place for the most part that's getting anything new, and they're only putting out one boax here and one box there about every two weeks.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Hobby Lobby in Racine hasnt had anything new in months !! Our Menards put out Christmas diecast & there was 3 2003 !! Holiday Chromes ... No new ones ... Also had Coke vintage .

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
KiDD WHiTEY said:
i WENT TODAY, SAW 4 CASES ON THE FLOOR , (ALREADY OPENED) SO I WENT THROUGH AND GOT SECONDS, ---lIKE ALWAYS--- i PICKED OUT TWO vW , mONSTER, bUS, aND BUG!! tHEN AS I WAS LEAVING I WALKED DOWNTHE END OF AISLE AND 3 BOXS WERE SITTING THERE (SEALED) i WENT THROUGH THEM AND PLUCKED OUT THE ((muscle car)) 1969 cAMARO SS,,,, tHE FIRST TIME I EVER FOUND ONE AT HL... tHANKS ALOT hl.............. ALSO GOT THE 10TH ANNIVERSARY DUSTER AT BIGGGS!!!
The HL in Tri-County? and the Biggs in Forest Fair?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Last Saturday a buddy called and said he noticed Hobby Lobby had just stocked the pegs. He got a Wl Mustang. I went 30 minutes later and found 3 additional WL's.Monters 66 Hearse (already traded),Spiderman Tucker Torpedo,and Classic Gold F-Series Tow Truck. Last night was out of town and stopped by a Hobby Lobby and picked up 2 WL's both were the 65 Mustang Conv from the Mustang Series. First time I have ever found 2 of the same Wl except for walmart Spiderman cars. :wave:

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
MARKHOS said:
The new whites that have tinted glass and white interiors do NOTHING fo me. I don't even take the time to look for them.
I'm with you Mark, although I will still take the time to look for them.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
MARKHOS said:
The new whites that have tinted glass and white interiors do NOTHING fo me. I don't even take the time to look for them.
I 2nd this... actually found one of the Taxis and bought it ..and here it sits...I just like to collect certain cars like the 60's Camaros, Bugs, Roadrunners and Imports...think I'll get one of those for that Taxi? Ha ha, yea, right...

..and what's the latest on the 10th anniv. cars? I guess the Duster's out now? left behind one of the 63(?) Vettes..went back the next day and then there were 2 Vettes and a 33 blue Sedan... and the pegs had been well gone thru.

...someone always says.. grab them while you can!, but those undesirable whites and most of these 10th anniv. cars... I see them all the time up on the S&S board..is anyone trading these? ...or do people find them and think they can trade a Camaro or V-bus WL for them?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts