Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
I'm sure the man who made it would say "because I could". :dude:

I have to say, with the complex curvature involved inside and out, that's some impressive woodwork.

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot, indeed.

Flaps brings up a good point - the curved woodwork is impressive and the choice of the wood grains is superb.

Gotta tell you though, before shelling out $120 large for a 1980 Oakland I'd be inclined to have Terminex check it out thoroughly...

:wave:

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Add to all that the fact that you'd never be able to register it for road use here in the U.S. witout some hefty modifications, because I'm sure it wouldn't pass safety or emissions standards required here for a 1980-vintage car. As far as I know, cars sold in the Ukraine before the wall came down didn't have to comply with the usual standards of most of western Europe. I'm not certain Opels were available there at that time, but there are still bumper standards that NO wooden bumper could ever comply with, not to mention the complete lack of "Crumple Zones" and door guard beams.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Just think, if you were in a fender bender with this contraption, you'd have to take it to a carpenter instead of a body shop! :p Instead of dents, you'd get splinters! :p Body rot would have a whole new meaning! :p If you left it parked long enough, it would take root! :p Drivers would need to "log" their drive time! :p Sorry if I "barked" too much! :p Remember to tip your waitress!:wave:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts