Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...that will be later made into an Enterprise 'E' to arrive on me doorstep, i thought i may just as well keep myself occupied and do some building.

Taking a break from kit stuff, i decided on a scratchbuild and after a computer gaming nostalgia burst, i settled on a Cobra MkIII from the rather old 'Elite' series of games from when we only had micro or home computers rather than PC's ;)

For those who don't know but may well be interested a bit of background waffle is on the first page. I didn't really intend to do a full WIP writeup (started about 75% of the build in to the project) but just to fill in some time and update my site so here it be.

Enjoy gang and go easy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ta muchly fellas!
Don't worry about the game not being familiar, you'd have to recall back to 1984 when the original Elite game first came into existance.

For those bored enough this page right here will tell you all you never wanted to know :D

Go easy folks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Metal plate finish

Just wee update, page 3 here.

One thing that did come out of this, i wanted to test a theory on getting differing metal finishes on a model.

Seemed to work ok and though not perfect, with some adjustments i think this is the way i'll do my NX-01 when i get around to it, seems to sort of work anyways.

Go easy folks!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Surely Elite wasn't just a game in the UK?? Well, the whole world has missed out, because it defined a generation over here. OK, I exaggerate, but everyone at school was playing it on BBC micros and Sinclair Spectrums at the time. You can download PC emulator software to relive the experience.

What an utterly superb project though. Inspired... perhaps after this you could also do another model which no one has ever done. That of the Scorpio from Blakes 7! Carry on with the top work.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Absolutely fantastic Ray! I am full of amiration. That is such a clean and impressive job! I played Elite on the Spectrum and the Atari ST. If anyone knows if a PC version is available then please let us know because this was SUCH an adictive game. You have taken me back 20 odd years with this one. Great stuff! :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts