Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
If your motor currently has the black upgrade rotor you do not need to change the endbell, you already are running the big bearing. If you are still on the original gray rotor then yes you need the endbell. This is in reference to 4300. All the 13.5s orinally came with the black rotor and big bearing endbell so they do not need a different endbell.

·
Go Fast, Turn Left
4,799 Posts
pmsimkins said:
If your motor currently has the black upgrade rotor you do not need to change the endbell, you already are running the big bearing. If you are still on the original gray rotor then yes you need the endbell. This is in reference to 4300. All the 13.5s orinally came with the black rotor and big bearing endbell so they do not need a different endbell.

The initial release of the 13.5 was accidentally shipped with the gray rotor and small bearing endbell. I had one. You can contact NOVAK if you have one of them and they will send an upgrade. You'll need the serial number from the motor though.

My upgrade included the sintered rotor. I was expecting the black rotor. It was a pleasant surprise.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Tommy,

That appears to be the original "Upgrade" kit. It was a 'better' bonded rotor than the original Black one w/ the small bearing. This rotor is Gray and uses the same BIG BEARING as the Sintered rotor I believe.

Guys correct me if I'm wrong~ :)

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
its the same rotor, its just a bigger end, and the bigger bearing. i heard storys of the original ones with the smaller shaft and small bearing of the pinion shaft bending on impacts. but thats old school, no one would buy that any more, its proabably also nla if you look on novaks site.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
one of the original 4300's I have...has a small bearing rotor and brass sleeves on the ends to fit into the bigger bearings. (I have 2 old style rotored motros...one with a Black and one with a Gray.. never really paid much attention to them ...THEY SUCK compared to a sintered motor...LOL ) But they make good loaners cause they were cheap USED.

I thought for use I'd be able to find REALLY Cheap USED Sintered rotors for them with all the guys who replace their sintered rotor because the numbers read low...

Not so lucky so far.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. That's what I figured it was-something kind of outdated. A friend wanted to be sure to get the right one.

·
Registered
158 Posts
OvalTrucker said:
The initial release of the 13.5 was accidentally shipped with the gray rotor and small bearing endbell. I had one. You can contact NOVAK if you have one of them and they will send an upgrade. You'll need the serial number from the motor though.

My upgrade included the sintered rotor. I was expecting the black rotor. It was a pleasant surprise.
I know, it's off subject, but... why does ANYONE want to go with other brushless manufactures? I am sure NOVAK will come out with bigger and better rotors, but least you all forget, oval isn't the only form of R/C racing. :wave: Ruling bodies (ROAR and ARCOR) should separate and make the rules, simple for us simpletons. :thumbsup:

On the other hand, who has catered to us more? WAY TO GO NOVAK!! :woohoo:

·
Registered
489 Posts
i have an older 13.5 with the can that is not ribbed. if it has the black rotor then all i need to upgrade is a sintered rotor, correct? also, is this just as good as one of the new ribbed can motors?

thanks
john mc

·
Registered
127 Posts
what is the performance difference between the diff.. 13.5 rotors ?
i have been told to gear diff (5.1-4.1 fdr) for the same track depending on the rotor is their that mutch difference between rpm vs TQ

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
The sintered rotor seems to make a ton more power, plus it allows the motor to run cooler and let you gear taller.

I know if you feel the physical difference of the magnetic strength of the Sintered rotor vs. the non-sintered rotor - it's HUGE.

As far as the old NON ribbed style vs the newer RIBBED style cans...as long as both have the sintered rotors, they should run the same...I don't really think you'll see a difference in speed with the ribbed can, and I don't think the ribs will show much difference in the temp a 13.5 motor will run.

·
Registered
964 Posts
28 if you have the old end bell and non sinterd rotor you will have to get the new end bell with the sinterd rotor as it takes a bigger bearing.

·
Registered
359 Posts
i have 4300 motor i get used and opened it old stuff inside do i have to get
upgrade bell end then get sintered rotor or is a package thing , because the
link on preveits page shows the bell end and gray rotor, i thought the sintered
rotor is brass colored. and i get new EX 13.5 motor can i use the same bell end and sintered rotor in it? :freak:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts