Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

There are 2 box type of PL TOS enterprise model kit. One is printed the "over 50 pieces" mark on the front box, the other is that the over 50 pieces mark is attached on the shrink wrap over the kit box.
could someone pls let me know which box version is the earlier issue.

Thank you very much for U.S hobby guys from Japan!!

·
Oxidation Genius
31,235 Posts
The only difference I'm certain of is that the second issue has Chris White's signature on the box art painting, while the first one didn't.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
The second release with the revised decals and instructions has the "Over 50 Pieces" sticker on the shrink wrap. The first issue had the "Over 50 Pieces" printed right on the box top art. Also the 2nd issue has the Chris White signature as John mentioned. Shift in color on the boxes as well. The 1st issue the background leans more toward a dark purple color while it is more blue on the second issue.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Also, on the second-issue box, it's clear the Enterprise is in front of a gas giant. On the first issue, I thought it was a nebula.

Inside the kit, the second issue had the incorrect white fill removed from some of the decals (like the saucer edge decals for the first pilot, the "L" shaped boxes at the back of the saucer, etc.).

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
The color seperation on the first one really sucked. Didn't do justice to Chris' painting at all. They made it brighter for the second one put his signature in and put that "50 pieces" medallion on the shrink wrap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts