Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just curious if you are a completist or if you are only collecting certain castings.

I am collecting the following:

67 Camaro (have the green 7sp, red 7sp, and blue 5sp)
Purple Passion (have the purple and blue)
Go Kart (have the orange, blue, and green)
63 Corvette (have the yellow, blue, magenta, and red)
70 Corvette (have the orange and green)
68 Mustang (have the blue)

I'm not after every minute variation, just whatever I can find, but I hope to at least get one of each color offered.

I have a couple Pit Cruisers and VW Bugs, but I am not sure I'll keep them.

I've found them at Target, Walgreens (they get 3 cars per store right now anyway, yes 3!), and a grocery store. They have been at TRU and Kmart in the area but I don't have time to get to those stores.

So what are you after and have you had luck finding them?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I want the Camaro, both Corvettes and the Mustang.....but I have not found any of them. I have found six of the others. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Found ten at K-Mart today

I would like to get at least one of each. I hit the jackpot today at K Mart, I found ten different ones. I went in to buy a roll of tape, and ended up spending $37! Thank God for lay away, lol. Heres what I found today

Pit Cruiser
67 Camaro
T- Bucket
63 Corvette
Go Kart
Corvette Stingray
40's Woody
56 Ford F-100
Purple Passion
Thunderbird

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I'm thinking I am not going to collect these. I have bought about 6 or 7 of them hoping they would peek my interest but have pretty much decided they are not for me. I think this is an interesting series but they are not for me. With that being said, my dilema now is whether to return them to the stores or offer them up for trades.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
My wife collects 63 Vettes, so I have been trying to catch all the colors. So far we're only missing the Magenta(purple/pink) car. She has red, blue, and anitfreeze.
Chris

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
67 Camaro
Go Kart (found tonight!!!) :thumbsup:
63 Corvette
70 Corvette
68 Mustang (looking for)
Scorchin"scooter
baha Breaker (looking for)

and any others that I see that I might like.

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
out of all these posts listing classics found, even on another board... have never seen anyone list finding the 70 Roadrunner... has anyone seen this one, in any color yet?:confused: ... I do see some on e-pay....but never anyone posting...

·
Registered
309 Posts
'63 Corvette! There are other cars in the Classics line? :jest:

BTW, the '70 Vette listed is more like a '75-'77 Vette (no, not a 74 because of the rear bumper). I know it's listed on the back of the cards as Corvette Stingray though.

Where did I find my cars? The antifreeze I found in the store, I've only seen the Classics in one store. Magenta, Red, and Blue were sent to me by many of the good people on a certain mailing group. I would of never found them all in the store.

AL

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pablodragon said:
out of all these posts listing classics found, even on another board... have never seen anyone list finding the 70 Roadrunner... has anyone seen this one, in any color yet?:confused: ... I do see some on e-pay....but never anyone posting...
It wasn't in the earlier releases but a friend found a red one late last week at TRU with the Blue Camaro. Wish it was me! :D

·
Registered
368 Posts
Going to attempt to collect all the colors for the Mustang, Chevelle, and 63 Vette. I'm already missing the red Vette cause its a Z case only car.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts