Hobbyist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which famous girl characters would be successful for Moebius to sell?

Black Widow from Iron Man 2?

Megan Fox but she has yet to play a famous comic book character

Red Sonja if they get the buxom redhead (who's quite a good actress) from Mad Men to play her

Raquel Welch from OMYBC. She's getting obscure as time goes on but that might make the rights cheaper.

Sheena is obscure right now but a new movie is said to be close. I can help acquire the rights on this.

Catwoman if she appears in Dark Knight 2. Megan Fox should fight to get this role.

·
Laird of Dunans Castle
3,902 Posts
We could probably count the number of female character styrene kits on the fingers of one hand...and still have fingers left over.
Female characters have always been notoriously poor sellers as styrene kits, hence the plethora of female resin kits.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
A Bride of Frankenstein kit would make a nice addition to their line of Universal monster kits.

·
Laird of Dunans Castle
3,902 Posts
Who would Elsa Lanchester's likeness be licensed through? Does she have family or would it be someone else?

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
I agree with James. Female kits have always done poorly in the hobbyshops.
The Guys&Gals series bombed for Aurora, Witch and Bride were apparently the worst sellers of the monster series.
Airfix had the same problem with their female figures too. I guess kids associated female kits with dolls.
One thing- these kits were aimed at young boys and young boys tend to not like the fairer sex 'til their hormones kick in... these days it's mainly adults who are buying these kits so maybe female kits will stand a better chance....

Chris.:)

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Who would Elsa Lanchester's likeness be licensed through? Does she have family or would it be someone else?
the E.L. licensing info is mentioned on the side panel of the polar lights re-pop.

as to what girl characters would be successful for moebius to sell, id say none.
remember even back in the glory days of aurora, both the bride of frankenstein and wonder woman didnt last long. i think mass market model kits are like t shirts. i was told by the president of a well known and huge t shirt printing company that putting a picture of a gal on a shirt was a great way to make sure the design didnt sell.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Depends on the scale too. 1/24 and/or 1/35 are doing ok, usually for diorama purposes. I think one of the problem is painting these. Ain't easy giving your kit a feminine look

·
Oxidation Genius
31,273 Posts
Ellen Ripley in full Aliens battle gear.

Supergirl.

Janet Van Dyne, AKA The Wasp from the Avengers.

Speaking of Avengers - Emma Peel in that lovely blue catsuit with the yellow stripe.

Princess Leia in metal bikini.

Eleanor of Aquitaine.

Joan of Arc.

Not that any of them would sell, but there ya go.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Id be satisfied if Frank would just re-issue the vampirella monster scenes kit...but I believe there may be an issue with Warren magazine about that, if I recall correctly..True, female figure styrene kits just dont sell well...

Z

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I got the resin repop of Vampirella off Culttvman and IIRC its about the same price as the plastic versions from Moebius... around $25

·
Registered
434 Posts
MONSTER SCENES VAMPIRELLA!!!!!!!! Just got the Solarwind/Cusanelli Vampirella (1/12)ish scale,and it is awesome,wish it were styrene,but had to have it. One -piece resin w/base,slightly too big for the monster scenes dio I'm working on,though. Can't see licensing being a big problem with Vampi,but what do I know.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Back in the sixties it was thought girl kits were unpopular but now people pay big money for them. I think there is more of a demand today especially if they are sculpted well.

Vampirella is always a fan favorite but Aurora goofed basing theirs on Tom Sutton art, it should have been based on Jose Gonzales art. If Moebius does a Monster Scenes Vampirella, I'd much prefer a resculpted one.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I guess in a not too modern not too retro look,Batwoman,Wonder Woman,Cat Woman,as well as a classic Vampire Woman could do great.Of course Xena Warrior princess would have done well a few years ago,but now?Of course,the whip would help a lot for Xena,since a dominatrix look appeals to some guys out there.:)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.